Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

It was always going to be a problem when they started to believe they were good. Fans were full of confidence thinking this might be their year etc. Sure fire way to be brought down to earth with a BUMP.

It's like when Villa beat Chelsea or go on a bit of a run or get a couple of 6th place finishes. You know a fall is around the corner. 

I'd liken it more to us beating Liverpool which felt like a cup final win when there was still another game to play and the ability and mentality to perform at same level was beyond them. Belgium win was Wales liverpool game.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Renato Sanchez been terrific, given them the strength and athleticism in midfield with Carvalho missing.

Probably win young player of the tournament. 

I thought it was ridiculous to spend so much on a guy who'd barely played proper football, but he really has been very good in his starts.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Wales just don't look as together  without Ramsey but perhaps the stage has got to them too.

Cant be all down to one man though surely. Wales have just not performed tonight.  Funny though that everybody plays crap against Portugal. 

Edited by PaulC

Apparently he played well against Russia, but from what I've seen Bale hasn't been that good all tournament.

Edit: Especially by his standards. Ramsey's been their best performer.

Edited by useless

1 minute ago, useless said:

Apparently he played well against Russia, but from what I've seen Bale hasn't been that good all tournament.

The entire England team played well against Russia, which says it all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Cant be all down to one man though surely. Wales have just not performed tonight. 

When you look back at it though I'm surprised so many were making them favourites tonight.

They struggled big time to break down Norn Iron and Portugal were always going to be as tough to break down with much more quality in final third.

If Portugal can take out a s*** hot Croatia and a very decent Poland they could certainly do the same to Wales.

I don't give them much of a chance in the final though. France and Germany will create chances v them.

16 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Cant be all down to one man though surely. Wales have just not performed tonight. 

I honestly think it's like I said on previous page. . They have stopped being that Gung ho totally together getting through it all with sheer damn hard work and good organization.  They have started to believe they are good and are now acting like "normal" football players who are just not as good as they think they are. . Portugal really have not been that good but Wales have done none of the stuff which got them here. 

Probably just thought they had to turn up and the magic would happen. 

Portugal have "done well" to drag it down to their level. The defence and midfield has sat back, not given Wales any easy way through them (there was maybe 1 good run by Bale in the first half that came to nothing) but it was expected given that's what all their games have been like.   Wales have had a lot of success down the flanks, but not really made the most of their crosses in. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CardiffGreens said:

Portugal have "done well" to drag it down to their level.

Aren't Wales just playing a bit like they did against Northern Ireland and England? It's not like they've been the reincarnation of France 84 in this tournament, 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â