Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

In terms of winning the whole tournament Greece was probably a bigger surprise. Of course England were the favourites and Iceland beating them was an upset of sorts. England should be disappointed with their performance on the night whoever the oppostion.

Edited by useless

I never argued that he had ability, as I said at the time, that was the only time I've seen him play. All I was saying was that I didn't think he was as bad, on the night, as people were making out. And given the names he was being called, I was surprised when I looked it up, that he has a pretty decent goalscoring record.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

some judging him on the fact that he's not benzema, lacazette or gameiro i think

and tbf they'll have a point, its a baffling decision

France are about to get to a semi-final without a player who is a talented but complete troublesome prick and 2 strikers who have 2 goals in 16 caps between them

Deschamps has made a wise call in my view even if Gignac nothing special

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

some judging him on the fact that he's not benzema, lacazette or gameiro i think

and tbf they'll have a point, its a baffling decision

He's not those players, but doesn't make him a pub player, or any of the other descriptions that were being used to describe him. I'm not saying he's good or bad, just that he has a goodish goal scoring record.

Pleased to see Eidur get a final hurrah for his country.

I know he got stick in the other game he played but he is 37 and was such a classly player at his peak for Chelsea.

Was linked to us a few times wasn't he?

Edit: Got fantastic reception from Stade de France, lovely to see.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â