Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

I don't understand what the hell we are doing. Lafata is garbage and shouldn't be in the 23 let alone 11. Our midfield consists of 3 attacking mids and 2 wingers. Rosicky is playing terribly. It's just a bad tournament for us so far. 

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

Admittedly know absolutely nothing about this Czech side but just can't see where the goals are going to come from from what I've seen of them these two games.

Our top goal scorer from qualifying is on the bench because he isn't fully fit. We were also decent from set pieces. 

Honestly what you are watching is just as shocking to me who matches every Czech match. In qualifying and friendlies, we would always go attack teams. Even up until the friendlies before the euros, we were playing very attacking. Not sure why we switched it up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Shows you how bad Holland were in qualifying....

No it doesn't. Czech isn't playing any where near how they did in qualifying. In qualifying, we were very good. This is garbage. 

Just now, Czechlad said:

No it doesn't. Czech isn't playing any where near how they did in qualifying. In qualifying, we were very good. This is garbage. 

What state will you be in though once Rosicky and Plasil retire after this, will lose a lot of experience from that midfield.

At least the world cup group isn't too bad...yes Germany but a very mediocre Norway and Norn Iron who might struggle to motivate after the massive party so could still nick 2nd.

Just now, VillaChris said:

What state will you be in though once Rosicky and Plasil retire after this, will lose a lot of experience from that midfield.

At least the world cup group isn't too bad...yes Germany but a very mediocre Norway and Norn Iron who might struggle to motivate after the massive party so could still nick 2nd.

I think Plasil leaving is better for us. Probably same for Rosicky. Darida had a career year at attacking mid, but is playing deeper for us. 

Think it's a real disadvantage in the modern game being a target-man built striker like Mandzukic. Use your physicality and out muscle a defender and 9/10 they'll go down and win the free-kick. Yet defenders can clatter into you and it's seen as fair game, defender does that (clatters into the back of him like happened to Mandzukic then) to a striker of Aguero's stature and the ref doesn't even think about it before giving the pen imo.

Â