Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

We should bust the bank for this guy. Just because he is not a marquee player doesn't mean he is crap. He was labelled the new Zidane just three years ago but took the brunt of the blame for the doomed Moyes era. I think he'd be a revelation and a vast improvement on what we have now.

Ashley Young was called the new Messi. Just because a player has been overhyped, it doesn't mean they are as good as the hype suggests.

He can't get in to a United midfield which currently has Darren Fletcher either. Not like they have a tonne of CM option to pick from, they just don't want him there. £8m + the wages he (seemingly) wants are a bit too much IMO.

• Like 2

in an ideal world, somebody haggling over whether they get £40,000 a week or £60,000 a WEEK would automatically rule themselves out as they are not prioritising the football

either salary makes this guy a multi millionaire

as I say, in an ideal world

• Like 1

Other players will all be watching SSN today and hearing about his wages.

If he signs, players like Delph and Vlaar's demands could go up above the reported £60k we'll pay Clev.

Not for me.

They deserve those wages. If you want to keep top players you pay for them.

Daily Mail: Tom Cleverley wants to be reunited with Roberto Martinez at Everton. Rejecting moves to Villa and Hull City.

Hope this is true!!!!

Possible Translation: Tom Cleverley's agent talks up possibility of move to Everton to bolster his client's position in wage negotiations with Aston Villa. 

Personally I doubt very much that there is an issue over wages I just don't buy that and the stuff in the media smacks to me of the normal pattern we see with these things. They jump the gun, things are more complicated than they know and not as advanced as they make out so then they have a hole to fill when a day or so later a deal isn't concluded. We've seen this several times this summer.

Reality often is that they are bluffing because they need to put something out there and don't actually know half as much as they are making out.

I think it is more likely a case of the player and his agent exploring all options available at this time and trying to establish if there are to be other options become available. 

I really don't think money will be the key in this one.

Trent do you still see this one happening?

Personally I doubt very much that there is an issue over wages I just don't buy that and the stuff in the media smacks to me of the normal pattern we see with these things. They jump the gun, things are more complicated than they know and not as advanced as they make out so then they have a hole to fill when a day or so later a deal isn't concluded. We've seen this several times this summer.

Reality often is that they are bluffing because they need to put something out there and don't actually know half as much as they are making out.

I think it is more likely a case of the player and his agent exploring all options available at this time and trying to establish if there are to be other options become available. 

Sounds about right - he's got a lot to think about really and from a professional perspective; he might want to try and force his way back into the side and earn a new contract there. It's unlikely but pride and ambition mask a lot of things and moving to us would definitely signal that he couldn't cut it at that level, which is a damaging blow to a footballer's confidence that many don't recover well from, a la Sidwell. 

Sounds about right - he's got a lot to think about really and from a professional perspective; he might want to try and force his way back into the side and earn a new contract there. It's unlikely but pride and ambition mask a lot of things and moving to us would definitely signal that he couldn't cut it at that level, which is a damaging blow to a footballer's confidence that many don't recover well from, a la Sidwell. 

Professional and personal I would say, personal factors often get over looked by us fans.

He doesn't have a future at United, I don't think he will be there tomorrow but even if he is he won't be there next season.

I think he will move, I think its between us and Everton would be my take I don't see Hull/Valencia as being an options he would consider.

I think the article in The Mirror is likely to be the most accurate thing out there in the press at the moment rather than some of the bilge about wages.

Why in the World would United accept a loan deal when they have a bid around £6-8M on the table? It's not like his wages going to be problem for them (if he is on something around 30k). I rather see them letting him train with the reserves than loaning him out when they have someone willing to take him of their hands, just to make an example. Especially when it seems like he is actually getting a better contract somwhere else.

We should bust the bank for this guy. Just because he is not a marquee player doesn't mean he is crap. He was labelled the new Zidane just three years ago but took the brunt of the blame for the doomed Moyes era. I think he'd be a revelation and a vast improvement on what we have now.

Ashley Young was called the new Messi. Just because a player has been overhyped, it doesn't mean they are as good as the hype suggests.

Ash was absolutely exceptional for us. I think he was probably the best attacking player we've has in the past decade. I don't expect Cleverly to be Zidane but I expect he'll be a good signing. 

Why in the World would United accept a loan deal when they have a bid around £6-8M on the table? It's not like his wages going to be problem for them (if he is on something around 30k). I rather see them letting him train with the reserves than loaning him out when they have someone willing to take him of their hands, just to make an example. Especially when it seems like he is actually getting a better contract somwhere else.

Because loaning him out would give him game time so would attract more potential buyers?

Because loaning him out would give him game time so would attract more potential buyers?

He has 12 months on his deal, a loan isn't going to put his price up or attract interest that is beneficial to Man United.

United might go for a loan but it would need to be with sizable fee because a loan would effectively be giving him a free.

• Like 1

Professional and personal I would say, personal factors often get over looked by us fans.

He doesn't have a future at United, I don't think he will be there tomorrow but even if he is he won't be there next season.

I think he will move, I think its between us and Everton would be my take I don't see Hull/Valencia as being an options he would consider.

I think the article in The Mirror is likely to be the most accurate thing out there in the press at the moment rather than some of the bilge about wages.

If Everton are in for him, it'll be difficult for us to convince him to join us over them unfortunately. We can only hope, I think he'd be a really good signing for us. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â