Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

NRC did exactly what we want Sanchez to do and he just got abuse IIRC

No he didn't. We want sanchez to be able to pass the ball more than two yards without giving it away and not to think that he's the second coming of David Platt and go bombing forward hopelessly out of position.

It's baffling how many people on here think that a Vancouver whitecaps midfielder was anything other than terrible. Serious case of seeing players through claret and blue specs.

Looking at his career trajectory, we released NRC for free at 27, Bolton released him at 28 and after 4 months of unemployment Ipswich signed him and released him 5 months later. We're the only club who paid a significant fee for him.

Pretending that anyone would be happy if Sanchez was anything like NRC is absurd.

NRC didn't like playing the role. Always thought of himself a box to box midfielder. If he convinced himself of staying as a DM, he'd have had a better career for me.

NRC didn't like playing the role. Always thought of himself a box to box midfielder. If he convinced himself of staying as a DM, he'd have had a better career for me.

Totally agree. A box to box player has to score goals and NRC was a headless chicken in the box but could have been very good DM. It's amazing how some players think of themselves when they'd attributes say different hopefully signing Sanchez will enable us to play more attacking as he'll have the ability to cover better than Westwood.

he and MON almost had a punch up didn't they?

not sure what over

Allegedly : Delfouneso misplaced a pass in training to Nige, Nige started mouthing off, O'Neill said something along the lines of "I don't know how you can criticise anyones passing."

Nigel continued to mouth off so O'Neill went for him :)

ha ha

The terms of his contract (supposedly) is he gets to play no10 spot.

I haven't seen Joe Cole's contract but I can 100% guarantee you for a fact that there is no term like that in his, or in any other players, contract.

Maybe not written but verbally. He wasnt going to go to a team and take the paycut he did to be played out in the wing like big sam did. He also said as much when he signed. I can nearly guarantee he is our no 10 when fit and so he should be.

-------- Sanchez ----------

--- Westwood - Delph ---

Against the bigger teams, when we look to counter attack.

--- Sanchez - Delph -----

---------- Cole ------------

Against the teams who sit back.

• Like 1

I haven't seen Joe Cole's contract but I can 100% guarantee you for a fact that there is no term like that in his, or in any other players, contract.

Maybe not written but verbally. He wasnt going to go to a team and take the paycut he did to be played out in the wing like big sam did. He also said as much when he signed. I can nearly guarantee he is our no 10 when fit and so he should be.

He didn't take a paycut, he wasn;t under contract anywhere and I think the days of Joe Cole dictating where he wants to play to a PL club are over.

He didn't take a paycut, he wasn;t under contract anywhere and I think the days of Joe Cole dictating where he wants to play to a PL club are over.

Im aware this is the sanchez thread and we have got off track, but joe cole did take a big cut to play for us. He would have got 3 times his base pay here in the US or middle east so its as good as. Scrap his two last years under westham. He was played on the wing and in a hoof ball team were the ball went over his head. Ive a funny feeling he will be our player of the season if he stays injury free.

Still not done perhaps I wasn't lying.?

Interesting to see people talking about when he'll play as though it's a done deal

Are you a Villa fan, daz? No offence intended, I'm just curious.

Â