Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

The problem with shows like the acolyte is that the main storyline is so well established, if you do anything Jedi related the question becomes why it didn't matter in the movies. The "vergeance", without revealing anything, would have had a massive impact on the prequels in the very least. When writers are confined by that it's going to be hard to create long lasting characters anyone cares about, and they're also pushing themselves into a box. I think it's why the best addition to the Star Wars universe was a totally separate story away from the confines of the force in the main stream universe. Also, by having so much of the story in a universe we already know (Jedi's, Coruscant, etc) it makes the SW universe feel smaller, rather than bigger.

The premise of the space witches and "the thread" is at least a fresh view on the force and how it can be used, but that didn't last nearly long enough. The rest was utter pap.

24 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

The problem with shows like the acolyte is that the main storyline is so well established, if you do anything Jedi related the question becomes why it didn't matter in the movies.

Going in, that's what I thought the point of this show was going to be, i.e. it was set so far from the "main" timeline that they could give themselves some (much needed) freedom to tell a coherent story without the burden of being beholden to wider mythos.  "Lesbian Space Witches" having a brand new MacGuffin that might *gasp!* commit the seemingly heinous crime of conflicting with old canon doesn't bother me one iota, what bothers me is not spending any time giving me a reason to care about the plight of said sapphic sorceresses (and their tribal slam-poetry sessions).

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Disney goes 80's American suburb for Star Wars setting. Sure why not. I imagine this is not even a YA show but squarely aimed at kids. Hope Jude Law is getting paid a bunch. Guess the plan is to fill that Stranger Things sized hole with Goonies-style member berries.

53 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The best thing they have, obvious that they were going to tie it in to the film I suppose but great to see those characters 

That's a fan made trailer, not official but still well done.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jones1328 said:

That's a fan made trailer, not official but still well done.

Thought that might be the case, the D23 story I read said they showed a behind the scenes thing rather than a trailer

Confirmed mendelsohn is in it 

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

The Acolyte cancelled after one season.  

No surprise that imo.

Watched a few episodes but got quite bored.  

This is a dodgy cam for the Season 2 Andor teaser that @villa4europe was referencing above. Looks pretty cool. Happy to see Mendelsohn in it, he's always felt like a good original trilogy Imperial villain to me.

Still the only Disney+ SW show I have any real interest in, so it's a shame it's been so long between seasons.

• Like 1

yeah i've given up on the disney+ stuff, havent seen ashoka, acolyte or season 3 of mando but Andor is top tier tv and i cant wait

shame that the best thing they have is obviously capped by the film 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â