Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

Yeah it's out at Christmas.

That's a lot of work to redo. It probably adds some credence to the talk that Disney didn't like the tone and want more McQuarrie influence in there from his late script. They also want to shove in Han Solo.

21 hours ago, Chindie said:

Yeah it's out at Christmas.

That's a lot of work to redo. It probably adds some credence to the talk that Disney didn't like the tone and want more McQuarrie influence in there from his late script. They also want to shove in Han Solo.

urgh - Please don't shoehorn Solo in.....

(guarenteed they will, just so they can promote the young Han Solo spin-off)

• Like 1

There's now reports again that the Rogue One reshoots are enormous and they even have a different bloke overseeing them.

Beginning to think the Entertainment Weekly report was damage limitation.

They dropped some vague hints about it on the Tested podcast last week, some stuff about how Disney didn't like the way Gareth Edwards had taken the movie and wanted a more 'Disney' feel to the movie.  They were keen to point out that they were only speculating of course but considering that Gary Whitta, the guy who wrote Rogue One, was on about 200 episodes of that podcast and is friends of 10-15 years with two of the regulars on the show then you'd think they might know more than they are willing to let on.   Hopefully we get a directors cut of the movie one day if the Disney interfering is as significant as is being hinted at. 

12 hours ago, The_Rev said:

They dropped some vague hints about it on the Tested podcast last week, some stuff about how Disney didn't like the way Gareth Edwards had taken the movie and wanted a more 'Disney' feel to the movie.  They were keen to point out that they were only speculating of course but considering that Gary Whitta, the guy who wrote Rogue One, was on about 200 episodes of that podcast and is friends of 10-15 years with two of the regulars on the show then you'd think they might know more than they are willing to let on.   Hopefully we get a directors cut of the movie one day if the Disney interfering is as significant as is being hinted at. 

Asked for a war film.

Got a war film.

Oh shit! War films aren't for kids.

Reshoot.

Bravo, Disney

• Like 1

Or maybe they're actually right. We won't know until we see it.

What I do know is that Godzilla was shit (killing off that character was just dumb and terrible for the plot) and Monsters consisted of two people walking about Africa for two hours before you actually got any real interaction with any aliens and even that was boring so I'm not Gareth Edward's biggest fan it's fair to say. 

Edited by Ginko

Monsters was pretty good as I recall, although maybe I mainly liked the score. 

5 hours ago, islingtonclaret said:

Asked for a war film.

Got a war film.

Oh shit! War films aren't for kids.

Reshoot.

Bravo, Disney

Exactly. 

Happily though, they're reshooting it to 'add some humour'. Since Jar Jar Binks is presumably out of the question, doubtless this will be some painful mugging by humanoid characters instead. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What would be great, but will obviously never ever ever happen, would be if they had the courage, in these Anthology films, to explore this entire galaxy in which literally anything could happen without relying on the characters constantly intersecting with the characters from the Episode films. There's almost endless possibilities for these films, but you just know they'll always fill them with refugees from the main pictures in order to make bank. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

The re shoots will be because disneys best bit of merchandise doesn't feature in the film enough...or because the 2 Asian guys who will make them a few more billions don't feature enough...

As much as I love Star Wars and would be happy for as many of them as they want to make they need to take a note from the marvel side of things and make these films tonally different in order to churn them out, might be as simple as they've made a film that's too much like Star Wars, might be the opposite, they've tried to make a war film set in the Star Wars universe but pretty removed from the trilogies and Disney have asked them to bring it more in to line

Not full of confidence but also not immediately thinking that it's because it was shit

• 4 weeks later...

Rogue One trailer 2 will be revealed next Friday.

Also loads of rumours an Obi Wan movie is going to be announced with McGregor returning to the role.

Absolutely nobody wants to know what happened to him between RotS and a New Hope. But looks like Disney think they have a great cashc- story to tell!

There's a bug Star Wars event in London next weekend

OT bloke I know works in the event trade, sells gaming merchandise, got himself 3 stalls there next weekend, mark hamill and carrie Fischer are there, MH is currently charging £125 for a selfie and an autograph...my mates selling Star Wars mystery boxes with £12 worth of tat in them for £30, hoping to shift 1500 of them...I did him s favour and worked a comic con for him, it's **** madness, he's got 15 £400 Luke sky walker leather jackets, you wouldn't believe the shit they can shift at these shows 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â