Kieran Richardson

Nabby

I think that it is a position we could look to improve on in the summer.

It seems pretty clear that TS likes Richardson/sees something in him.

As the majority of the last few posts are saying, he did very well yesterday.

Not sure I'd like him to start next season, not sure I'd start Given ahead of Guzan. I am sure that I trust TS though-I go with whatever side he picks.

I don't think people appreciate the advantage Richardson's energy gives us as well. I think his runs up and down the left are a weapon even when he doesn't get the ball.

There was a moment yesterday when the ball went long to Benteke and he got the ball on the left, just past the halfway line. There were 2 defenders on him.

Richardson made a massive 50 odd yard run down the left on the overlap. He didn't get the ball, but one of the defenders had to leave Benteke to cover Richardson's run and it enabled Benteke to get away and use the ball.

He makes those runs all day long.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Would rather Cissokho or Hutton tomorrow, but saying that it really is a horrible set of players Sherwood has to pick from and I wouldn't hold it against him if he does play.

Hutton is too much of a mess at left back, plus it is awkward for him. I'd go Richardson, if he's out then **** knows.

Agreed.

Hutton's had an excellent season at right back. But the few times he's filled in at left back he's looked terrible

I thought Hutton looked decent in the United game and obviously very poor at Southampton. I can't remember any other games he's played there to be honest but if he just played poor in one game then it might be a bit harsh to write him off playing there - especially considering how many poor performances Richardson has put in, IMO.

Edited by myko

Cissokho hasn't played a single competitive game since February, three long months and people are expecting him to suddenly come straight into a highly competitive game again.

It will be Richardson and Hutton as back up on the bench.

Hope he can play, he's not been remarkable but we need a natural left sided player there today, any of our right sided full backs will get turned inside out by arsenal. If he can't I would probably play Lowton there, he's seemed the most comfortable playing the ball out on his left.

Â