Last 16: Sunday 29th NED MEX CRC GRE

limpid

So Robben admits diving during the match. He should be banned for the next game.

You can't give retrospective yellow cards so far as I know.

They wouldn't take one of the players of the tournament out of it anyway unless they have no choice like with Suarez.  All players dive anyway. There were occasions in that match when he could have dived and didn't. Robben could have kept his mouth shut. He was just being honest

He could have dived a couple of seconds before the penalty.

One of the mexico players absolutely scythes him but he just about jumps over it.

Crazy tackle.

• Like 1

The one he admits diving to was the one he got nothing for and wasn't a penalty anyway. Not exactly cheating as he got nothing from it. He has held his hands up and it seems a punishment is possible. Should only be given a yellow.

Good that he's honest and denounces diving as something that is stupid and he shouldn't have done. Unlike England's Ashley Young who admitted diving and said he's do it again.

The one he admits diving to was the one he got nothing for and wasn't a penalty anyway. Not exactly cheating as he got nothing from it. He has held his hands up and it seems a punishment is possible. Should only be given a yellow.

Good that he's honest and denounces diving as something that is stupid and he shouldn't have done. Unlike England's Ashley Young who admitted diving and said he's do it again.

I don't remember him diving for England. He dived a lot for Villa and finally against Villa though, so yeah he's a knob.

I'm willing to bet (well, if I was a betting man :P ) that Robben will dive again before his tournament is over.

I'm sure you would win your bet. I don't think the refs will give him much in the rest of the tournament

Proper low life cheat. You'd hope FIFA would do something about it, but it isn't interested in tackling racism of homophobia, so I can't imagine cheating is something they're that bothered about.

It's part of the game though no? If Robben is a low life cheat then so are, in my opinion, 20% of footballers on the planet. Including a few Villans.

Does his honest and his apology make it worse or better?