Joe Cole

TrentVilla

Although he got in the way of Benteke (or could have been vice versa). At least he played a pass and then ran beyond the strikers to get himself in the box, I don't think another one of our midfielders did that all game.

Anyway none of this is to say he is the messiah because clearly he isnt. But just that maybe he could be more suited to a no.10 in a tight midfield than Gabby!

Running into the box is something that our current midfield of Sanchez - Westwood - Cleverley would never do. This is why we struggle to even create chances much less score.

We definitely need players in midfield to actually get into the box, probably like what Cole would do. Whether he is any good apart from that remains to be seen.

Richardson is another midfielder whom I think gets into the box unlike our current anaemic and unimaginative trio.

If he can't get into the team when we cant create anything and haven't won a game in 8 matches when will he play? Pointless signing him.

Indeed. It's **** ridiculous frankly. Maybe he's not the player he once was, I don't necessarily expect him to start, but why have him on the **** bench at all if you're not going to throw him in at least now and then.

An hour in we were on the front foot, we needed a final ball. We needed a strong manager.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â