Nichlas Bendtner

Jesperchr

Bendtner is on a free so we won't be spending that much money on him.

This is nonsense.

A player is aware of his transfer free if he wasn't on a free. He will have this included in his wages or his sign on fee. There is no such thing as a free transfer. It just means that the transfer fee goes to the player, rather than a club. Players like to go on free transfers, because they get the transfer fee. Clubs are now having to pay a player's transfer fee to the player when renegotiating their contract, under the threat of the player leaving on a free and getting the transfer fee from another club. 

As Doug Ellis said, a new contract for a player is like a new signing. You have to buy them all over again. There is no real money to be saved in a free transfer. It just means that the cash is spread out in the form of wages to the player rather than any initial lump sum outlay to his former club.

You don't need to explain to me how these things work - I'm already fully aware of that. However, like Senderos there will be no transfer fee involved here so unless Bendtner is going to be on stupid wages (and given our restrictions I seriously doubt he will be) we won't be spending an awful lot on him.

This is nonsense.

A player is aware of his transfer free if he wasn't on a free. He will have this included in his wages or his sign on fee. There is no such thing as a free transfer. It just means that the transfer fee goes to the player, rather than a club. Players like to go on free transfers, because they get the transfer fee. Clubs are now having to pay a player's transfer fee to the player when renegotiating their contract, under the threat of the player leaving on a free and getting the transfer fee from another club. 

As Doug Ellis said, a new contract for a player is like a new signing. You have to buy them all over again. There is no real money to be saved in a free transfer. It just means that the cash is spread out in the form of wages to the player rather than any initial lump sum outlay to his former club.

You don't need to explain to me how these things work - I'm already fully aware of that. However, like Senderos there will be no transfer fee involved here so unless Bendtner is going to be on stupid wages (and given our restrictions I seriously doubt he will be) we won't be spending an awful lot on him.

Ask Mrs Bendtner if she cares about our restrictions. There will have been other clubs in for him, willing to express his transfer fee in wages. So yes I think Bendtner would be on stupid wages, as Senderos is more likely on stupid wages and Joe Cole. Let's say Sunderland were in for Bendtner. They could buy a similar player like Darren Bent from us for maybe £5 million pounds. For the sake of argument, let's say they would command the same wages - £40,000 per week. Bendtner knows that Sunderland would have to pay £5 million to get Bent, so now he tells Sunderland yeah I want the same wages Bent would have gotten but on top of that stick the £5 million over the four year contract, which is another 27 grand on top of the wages. Bendtner may relent and say alright just give me an extra 22 grand on top of my wages, saving Sunderland a million pounds over the length of the contract versus the purchase of Bent. And if they didn't, another suitor would come in with a similarly advantageous offer for Mr Bendtner, like us.

I also think the time for crazy wages at clubs other than the super clubs has passed. The Doug Ellis era is a long time ago. We've clearly changed into a club trying to run the finances in a sustainable manner. If we are interested in Bendtner I don't think we'd sign him at the risk of crippling the club again. As a player, anyway, he hasn't proven himself to deserve ridiculous wages, and I think Lambert has been doing a good job on the financial side of his management. The mantra for villa this summer seems to be people taking wage cuts to sign for us (Keane and Cole) or signing the cheaper options (Senderos).

• Like 1

This is nonsense.

Ask Mrs Bendtner if she cares about our restrictions. There will have been other clubs in for him, willing to express his transfer fee in wages. So yes I think Bendtner would be on stupid wages, as Senderos is more likely on stupid wages and Joe Cole. Let's say Sunderland were in for Bendtner. They could buy a similar player like Darren Bent from us for maybe £5 million pounds. For the sake of argument, let's say they would command the same wages - £40,000 per week. Bendtner knows that Sunderland would have to pay £5 million to get Bent, so now he tells Sunderland yeah I want the same wages Bent would have gotten but on top of that stick the £5 million over the four year contract, which is another 27 grand on top of the wages. Bendtner may relent and say alright just give me an extra 22 grand on top of my wages, saving Sunderland a million pounds over the length of the contract versus the purchase of Bent. And if they didn't, another suitor would come in with a similarly advantageous offer for Mr Bendtner, like us.

Why would we be paying Bendtner big wages? Every man and their dog knows that we're skint.

• Like 2

Anyone seriously believe Bendtner will suddenly stop with his off the field antics, buckle down and start acting like professional footballer if we should sign him?

I sure don't

Anyone seriously believe Bendtner will suddenly stop with his off the field antics, buckle down and start acting like professional footballer if we should sign him?

I sure don't

It's only a few month ago, he was in Copenhagen partying with his enabeling drinking buddies, where he drunk out of his skull was yelling and screaming at a taxi driver, making 'adult' movements towards the car and ended up running after the taxi flogging it with his belt ...

That is just the latest out of ... I lost count ... of 'Bendtner' stories. There are many more.

I cannot get into my head why on earth we would even be talking to this person.

• Like 1

As I said, two of those are likely to be off and Gabby and Weimann are often played out wide anyway. It's great that Benteke seems to be making a speedy recovery but I doubt he'll be back to full fitness by the start of the season. I remembered people questioned the Kozak signing last season and it turned out that actually we needed him quite a bit. In fact we really missed him once both he and Benteke were injured.

Helenius and Bent will make no difference as they didn't contribute last season anyway.

I could see the point you were making IF there weren't far more important holes to be filled in the squad.  The mere fact that we're signing somebody as crap as Senderos means that funds are limited, and the defence has been dreadful for years now.  I can't see how a sane manager could look at our defence, think that Senderos is the answer, and then go and spend money on Bendtner.  Gabby and Weimann are far closer to acceptable Premier League standard than Baker or Clark.

Are you trying to be wilfully misleading? Baker and Clark are obviously behind Vlaar and Okore in Lambert's plans. It's not hard to think of Vlaar and Okore as our first choice CB partnership next season, with Senderos signed as backup. Why spend huge wages on Lescott, for example, when we have those two as our actual first choice?

It's like you say...there are far more important positions to sort out in the summer, but you seem to presume that the order we sign people has some significance? Every summer with Lambert we've spent the most money later in the summer. There is plenty of time left.

Also, none of us know what's going on with Bent. If the Turkey rumours are true then we definitely absolutely need another striker. Someone with bendtner's experience and age is about as good as it gets when shopping for free.

We can sic Roy Keane on him at the first sign of stupidity

If neither Arsene Wenger nor Antonio Conte could scare him straight, I highly doubt our new part time assistant will make a dent in his big ego.

Say he screwes up we fine him, it happens again, we send him to our bomb squad mk2, we still have to pay him for the duration of his contract or loan him out like Arsenal did.

If neither Arsene Wenger nor Antonio Conte could scare him straight, I highly doubt our new part time assistant will make a dent in his big ego.

Say he screwes up we fine him, it happens again, we send him to our bomb squad mk2, we still have to pay him for the duration of his contract or loan him out like Arsenal did.

I just can't imagine Arsene Wenger being scary at all. About the only thing I can imagine is Arsene standing there saying "I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries 

• Like 1

This is nonsense.

Why would we be paying Bendtner big wages? Every man and their dog knows that we're skint.

Some chairmen will only give the go ahead to free transfers while the club is up for sale, because it means no big initial outlay.

There's also the possibility that Bendtner's agent is trying to make Sunderland think that we're interested in him by releasing some piece of ITK info to betting punters and letting them do the rest. 

Regardless, there's no major value in a free transfer versus a transfer of a contracted player. It just means that the player is more likely to be a bit of a journeyman/mercenary.

His ego is not what would get dented, in my scenario  :D

• Like 1

Ask Mrs Bendtner if she cares about our restrictions. There will have been other clubs in for him, willing to express his transfer fee in wages. So yes I think Bendtner would be on stupid wages, as Senderos is more likely on stupid wages and Joe Cole.

How stupid are we talking ? Your trying to say we was linked with Lescott,spoke with Ferdinand and then settled for Senderos despite having 'stupid' wages to spend on a defender ?

In regards to Joe Cole apparently he taken a pay cut to join us so again i'm not sure where your getting this info from...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â