Rik Mayall

Xann

I loved man down, it was great, not for rik mayall though to be honest.

I dunno mate i thought he was brilliant in it...proper nutjob...I'd like to think that was how he was in real life with his own children :)

YouTube has plenty 'New Statesman'.

Not seen it for ages. Watched the first one with the other half last night.

She noted just how similar Stewie Family Guy and the plummy B'Stard really are.

YouTube has plenty 'New Statesman'.

Not seen it for ages. Watched the first one with the other half last night.

She noted just how similar Stewie Family Guy and the plummy B'Stard really are.

Also Jim Troughton's uncle Michael was in it.

Mr Jolly Lives Next Door

Probably the comedy program I loled at more than any other. It's not aged well though.

I have a vivid memory of the first time I ever watched that. I was a huge fan of The Comic Book presents (Fistful of Travelers Cheques being my favourite at the time) and was really looking forward to seeing it. It was on quite late the first time it was aired and it was a pub night so I remember asking my mom to stick the old VHS on and tape it for me.

Got back from the pub, shall we say slightly worse for wear, shoved the tape in (probably holding a dodgy kebab in the other hand) and watched it.

All I ever remember watching it the first time was thinking 'this can't be this funny, it's because i'm drunk' as I was absolutely howling at it, literally hurting with the laughter. When Peter Cook appeared (a comedy hero of mine) I genuinely didn't think i'd see anything as good or funny again.

Got up the next morning, determined to see if it was that good and put the tape on again.

And you know what? It was just as bloody funny, and it continued to be just as funny every single time I watched it (lost count in the end) before the tape finally gave out.

I've never listened to a Tom Jones song in the same way since.

• Like 4

Rik Mayall was the reason I watched and continued to watch Man Down. Apparently he was supposed to have a far bigger part in the next series.

I thought man down was great, have they started recording the new series yet? Is there a chance we could see a few episodes with him in it?

I realise the scene that picture is in is almost always cut from broadcast so here is a reference picture

vlcsnap-2014-06-19-23h42m21s188.png

If you don't know the scene, Richie has painted a self portrait for Eddie as a Christmas present, much to Eddie's disgust.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â