Group D: URU CRC ENG ITA

limpid

Still think Godin should have gone, but that's no excuse. No penetration, poor crosses, defensive mistakes. Think we were hamstrung by all the insistence on fitting the team around Rooney - he got his finals goal, but at the expense of a better team lineup. We're coming home, were coming home, were coming, we are coming home...

• Like 1

Can we sack Hodgson now please?

Blaming the manager is just an easy way out I think. We're not very good, and some players (Sturridge) just couldn't seem to handle the pressure today.

Oh and Welbeck shouldn't really have an England career.

I thought that lad in the middle of the park Rios gave a tremendous performance...closed and ran down everything.

That's what Uruguay are all about really. Of course people will go on about Suarez but Uruguay always produce when written off and backs to the wall, their workrate was great tonight.

• Like 2

Even though he's supposedly one of our best players, I look forward to the next international tournament when Gerrard will be replaced in midfield.

• Like 4

I blame Woy. Or the old duffers in the FA who pick the team. Johnson, Baines, Jagielka, Rooney, Gerrard shouldn't have gone.

Harsh. Those three in particular had terrific seasons.

I still wouldn't have taken them. I'm sure there are plenty of German older players who had great seasons before they were left out of the revamp to get younger players experienced. It's with the obvious hindsight I can say they can't have done any worse, but at least the next gen would have gotten some experience.

Just to clarify, Suarez was in an offside position for his second goal. Was he not offside because the last touch for the "pass" came from an opponent and so couldn't be counted as being a pass to him?

If was an "unintentional" touch from a defender, it'd have been offside - but not offside if it's "intentional" from the defender.

I blame Woy. Or the old duffers in the FA who pick the team. Johnson, Baines, Jagielka, Rooney, Gerrard shouldn't have gone.

Harsh. Those three in particular had terrific seasons.

I still wouldn't have taken them. I'm sure there are plenty of German older players who had great seasons before they were left out of the revamp to get younger players experienced. It's with the obvious hindsight I can say they can't have done any worse, but at least the next gen would have gotten some experience.

It is a very young squad this time round though, most of the old guard are gone.

There have been some tremendous performances in this WC by sides who on paper shouldn't be as good as England. I look forward to more of them, be glad to see the back of this dull bunch of overpaid wasters. 

• Like 3

I've become so disillusioned with England over the last few years that I'm not bothered at all. This World Cup has been excellent so far so I'm just looking forward to more entertainment, with or without England. 

• Like 2

Just to clarify, Suarez was in an offside position for his second goal. Was he not offside because the last touch for the "pass" came from an opponent and so couldn't be counted as being a pass to him?

If was an "unintentional" touch from a defender, it'd have been offside - but not offside if it's "intentional" from the defender.

He jumped for a header and **** it up, dont think the unintentional argument has much legs personally, it being unintentionally shit doesn't count