Group D: URU CRC ENG ITA

limpid

Gimenez will probably come in he had some good games in qualifying but hasn't really played that much at Atletico this season or maybe Coates from Liverpool also young and not much games this season

So what do people reckon for tonight? 1-1 seems about right to me, Uruguay with backs against the wall usually respond with good performances and this situation is critical now. I don't see the England back 4 keeping a clean sheet either.

Think England will beat Costa Rica then 2-0 and go through anyway.

I expect England to lose, I expect both teams to score but for Uruguay to win by a Suarez penalty. 

I reckon England will go out tonight too

500x1000px-LL-99bf0a88_boo-this-man-gif.

• Like 4

I think in this kind of game, with the pressure that's on us to get something, Rooney is the right player to play.

If we weren't underpressure, I'd have gone with Barkley, Sterling and Lalana, but these players haven't been in really high pressure games yet (Sterling vs Man City perhaps being the closed example of must win, and he did well).

But I think Rooney's presence will be appreciated by the other 2 in a high pressure game.

Playing in that number 10 role, I also thing Rooney will score tonight :)