Group B: SPA NED CHI AUS

limpid

Van Persie should not be on the pitch. Thug.

Cahill is the dirty thug. Got away with a dirty tackle on Martins Indi that should have been a yellow. Then did him again, and should have got a red card.

• Like 3

My internet is broken so I'm not sure what time I'll get the predictions table up.

I've heard a rumour no one is that bothered about it anymore, and everybody just wants to play for fun now, with no one keeping score, so don't worry about it.

Australia just needs a better defense.

These 2 guys at CB have only played about 4 matches together.

The keeper had been the biggest disappointment for me. Has let in a few he could have saved.

• Like 1

8pints,

In response to your earlier question, the score is 3-2.

Australia were by far the better team. I've always had a soft spot for Australia and I'd have enjoyed watching that performance against a different team.

• Like 1

we also have Robbie Kruse..Tom Rogic missing in attack and crucially Rhys Williams.. Curtis Good and Trent Sainsbury (three centre backs who would have played if fit). losing Franic in the Chile match didn't help. I'm glad we were competitive. Really proud

8pints,

In response to your earlier question, the score is 3-2.

Australia were by far the better team. I've always had a soft spot for Australia and I'd have enjoyed watching that performance against a different team.

The difference was finishing quality I felt. I thought we had a few fantastic chances where we didn't get a shot away because the player knew he couldn't do it and hesitated or made a bad pass.

Down the other end we see 3 really good finishes from the chances you did create.

Another brave effort from the Socceroos but you don't get anything for being brave.

• Like 1

Bittersweet.

Thought we could have pinched if we'd got that third goal, but very proud of what is very much a transitional squad.

Most definitely not the worst team at this world cup.

Hopefully we can back it up and give Spain a run for their money, but without Cahill it will be tough. 

• Like 1