Uefa Champions League Final Lisbon 2014 Real Madrid v Atlerico Madrid

andykeenan

Think it's about time a dutch team won the Champions League again, I'm supporting Feyenoord for next years Champions League  ;)

Not seeded so probably won't make it past the qualifying round sadly.

Think it's about time a dutch team won the Champions League again, I'm supporting Feyenoord for next years Champions League  ;)

Watched them a bit last season and was really impressed, with players like Pelle, Clasie, Boëtius, Immers, Vilhena, Janmaat, Martins Indi and Vrij I wouldn't fancy getting them in the qualifiers.. All based on the fact that they manage to keep that group of players for next season, which is extremely unlikely.

I think Athletic are also unseeded, so potential banana skins for the bigger teams..

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Think it's about time a dutch team won the Champions League again, I'm supporting Feyenoord for next years Champions League ;)

Watched them a bit last season and was really impressed, with players like Pelle, Clasie, Boëtius, Immers, Vilhena, Janmaat, Martins Indi and Vrij I wouldn't fancy getting them in the qualifiers.. All based on the fact that they manage to keep that group of players for next season, which is extremely unlikely.

I think Athletic are also unseeded, so potential banana skins for the bigger teams..

Ajax 95 - van der sar, Davids, seedorf, de boer x 2, reiziger, overmars, litmanen, kanu, George, rijkaard, blind...

My 1st proper champions league European football team, probably the only team I compare favourably to the barca one of the last few years, might have just been me coming of age but I seem to have done it at the same time as the last great Dutch club side

Dutch football is knee deep in potential but I wouldn't fear any of them anymore, villa would give Ajax a good game

Screen+Shot+2014-05-24+at+22.59.53.png

"El Baleo, we love-a you speak to le eengleesh press tow-night. But canna you cover you f***ing monkey ears?"

His ears do not seem to protrude as much now. Thought he had already had Otoplasty surgery 

Good game! Best team won in the end... Real were the only team in the game during the second half and extra time. 4-1 may have been a bit harsh though. Whatever the result, Atletico had a wonderful season and a great achievement to win La Liga. 

Lots of talk of the Atletico team being pulled apart now.. but apart from Costa, who else is likely to leave? 

Good game! Best team won in the end... Real were the only team in the game during the second half and extra time. 4-1 may have been a bit harsh though. Whatever the result, Atletico had a wonderful season and a great achievement to win La Liga. 

Lots of talk of the Atletico team being pulled apart now.. but apart from Costa, who else is likely to leave? 

Diego Godin, where will depend on his performance at the World Cup with Uruguay.

If he does well against England he would be a good pick-up for Man Utd.

Think it's about time a dutch team won the Champions League again, I'm supporting Feyenoord for next years Champions League ;)

Watched them a bit last season and was really impressed, with players like Pelle, Clasie, Boëtius, Immers, Vilhena, Janmaat, Martins Indi and Vrij I wouldn't fancy getting them in the qualifiers.. All based on the fact that they manage to keep that group of players for next season, which is extremely unlikely.

Ajax 95 - van der sar, Davids, seedorf, de boer x 2, reiziger, overmars, litmanen, kanu, George, rijkaard, blind...

My 1st proper champions league European football team, probably the only team I compare favourably to the barca one of the last few years, might have just been me coming of age but I seem to have done it at the same time as the last great Dutch club side

Dutch football is knee deep in potential but I wouldn't fear any of them anymore, villa would give Ajax a good game

Bogarde as well?  :)

The Ajax team of that era were magnificent. However, the way the game has gone I doubt we'll ever see a team from a smaller league like Netherlands ever win anything major again in Europe. Football has changed since then. The Champions League is now set up so the same teams can get through to the latter stages every year. The days of Ajax, PSV, Steaua Bucharest, Red Star Belgrade, Porto and Villa ever competing at the top table are long gone unless a billionaire comes along and takes pity on us! 

Go for it, they need all the support they can get when we whitewash them... again, next season. ;)

Anyway, for old time's sake

baleofmonkeys.png

They are a good team I'd agree but as you allude to, practically the entire team will have been snapped up by the time they get to the qualifiers. Also, no idea how the new manager will do, I wasn't really convinced by the Rutten appointment myself.

Edited by Isa

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â