• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

How can Lambert not improve on 15th and 41 points after spending nearly 20 million quid? Got to go, along with the owner and about half the team. Grump.

You have to bear in mind that the 2 players that cost the majority of his budget were injured for most of the season, as well as Benteke for 1/3rd of it.

If we continue to spend peanuts we'll keep getting monkeys. Or something I dunno I'm tired and disappointed.

I've been thinking this all season, but it gets to a point where you have to say that Lambert has not managed his resources as well a she could have (money and players). If we didn't sign Tonev, Helenius and Bowery, we could have probably bought an AMC, or Lambert could have thrown Grealish/Robinson/Carruthers in instead of buying an extra name or two. Lambert could have used some of the bomb squad more. Finally, even with injuries, Lambert has not been able to get the remaining players to perform consistently enough. I gave him a chance for a long time, but I would rather he was sacked now. Give someone else a go.

I agree for the most part. Often times it's hard to look at who we could get to replace him and feel all that inspired. Unless we're taken over...

I think how well we played at Liverpool followed by Gabby clattering himself over the advertising boards is a pretty good analogy for our season. Frustratingly inconsistent. Absolute total dog shit at times as well.

It's those odd moments where we upset the big boys that makes it ultimately so frustrating. We can be so good at times and then absolute cack in the very next instant.

It's a very hard job and with hindsight it seems perhaps a bit too obvious what could've or should've been done - but this season is over and it's all about how the club reacts now.

Back him or sack him, sell up or lead us in to more uncertainty. Over to you Randy.

• Like 2

Well, at least this dreadful season is over. Please, just let there be some good news in this statement that means we actually have something to look forward to. Another season of this will be unbearable and, above all else, pathetic for a club that should be competing for bigger things, not fighting relegation and manager stating that it was his 'biggest achievement'. 

As for the game, the usual. Fade in and out of the game, but even when we're in it, we just pass it around somewhere near their penalty box (or not) and then end up losing possession. No other manager would get away with not only results like these, much performances like these. The club shouldn't be content with sticking with this, just in blind hope that eventually it might get better. Changes need to be made, and some real ambition (as well as a decent investment) needs to be injected into this club. We shouldn't be a nothing club that trawls around at the bottom of the table season after season, we should be challenging in the top half. We have too big of a fanbase, too beautiful of a stadium and too great of a history to be struggling like this.

Season finished, over to you, Randy........

• Like 2

I just can't understand what we do in training.

Passes going astray, play breaking down, mistakes galore...all of which have been present all year, yet we still don't learn from them.

You've got to say, the only 1st team quality players are Delph, Guzan, Vlaar (85% of the time), Benteke (when he can be bothered), Kozak (who did look decent in the short time he played), Okore (but we've not seen enough to really say that), Bacuna (just) and Bertrand(who wouldn't sign for us in a million years).

Gabby is too inconsistent, Wiemann has lost what he had last year, the clowns at CB are just disasters waiting to happen, Westwood is like Delph, but not as good, KEA is all effort but no product, like Holman was,

The talk of N'Zogbia of being almost back turned out to be PR crap just like the Dunne talk last year. This club takes us for mugs so much, but then, with so many willing to blindly renew even when unhappy, I suppose I can't blame them.

Well we sacked McLeish for achieving more so Randy had better get his arse into gear with the statement. Save for the fans and the stadium there are so so many things wrong with our club.

I also would like to thank everyone in these match threads for another season. It hasn't been pretty, but it has been quite exciting.

I love these threads more than any other one. Sometimes, when I can't watch the game I get a pretty good idea of what's going on from here. Also, it's great to vent here, as well as give support (as if it would matter :)).

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 2

Writing was on the wall after the first went in.

Why Lambert persisted with the perennial under achievers is beyond me. Why not give Grealish and Robinson some decent gametime? Would've at least give us some interest.

Nothing else to say about the game.

It's all very similar to when McLeish went.

What was the singing about Sherwood?

Sacked in the morning aimed at him as he spent most of his time on the touchline whereas Lambert rarely ventured from his seat.

Another expensive day out with very little to shout about on the pitch but us fans were first class today. Had many Spurs fans comment on how good we were as we trudging back to the station.

• Like 1

I enjoyed most of the game, not sure if spurs eased of second half or it was the arrival KEA but we played much better second half.  I know the fans were not singing the players praises all of  the time but I thought the walk straight down the tunnel led by Gabby was totally out of order.  A  few looked liked they were heading over and at least acknowledged the people who had spent their money to see them play. I personally think it is total lack of respect.  

Just got back, football from Villa was as poor as we have come to expect. Fans were tremendous today! Many Spurs fans commented on the ironic chants and thought it was all very funny.

Traffic cone guys were brilliant, but my favourite fancy dress was the guy with the cross and dressed as Jesus which promoted the chants of the day:

Jesus is a Villa fans

We need a miracle!

Jesus, Jesus sort it out!

The fans made another shit away day bearable. This must be the worst Villa squad in a generation

Had a good chat with Ian Taylor; asked him whether he thought Lerner was off and he said he honestly got a clue but thinks that the manager is gone!

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â