New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

I love the current crest i have no desire to change it, why are we changing it 🫤 the crest we have now is sexy 😤

if anything get rid of the castore brand its cheap and bring in new balance, puma or nike 😊

Edited by RicRic
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I love the current crest i have no desire to change it, why are we changing it 🫤 the crest we have now is sexy 😤

if anything get rid of the castore brand its cheap and bring in new balance, puma or nike 😊

AVFC? No thanks. 

• Like 1

I don't mind the current badge but it's just not good design. The colours melt together and it somehow manages to look old fashioned and simultaneously doesn't feel like it shows the heritage of the club. You'd expect an old-fashioned design to atleast light it up with Heritage & History, but it doesn't.

It's fine and it's not an embarrassment like say the New Coke Leeds badge that nearly was. But it needs a change.

Our name & colours were so unique but after 20 years of Us, West Ham and Burnley all being middling Prem teams in the same colours, we need a brand identity for new fans and fans abroad that is distinctive, recognisable etc. That's why I liked @NurembergVillanidea of a colour-matched Claret that becomes our 'Ferrari Red', we need to compete on the world stage and there are some things we can do that keep the club *our* club but also make it more distinctive for new fans abroad. A new badge, consistent & distinctive colours and strong branding are a good way of doing that as our actual football "continuously improves".

I'm nervously looking forward to the new badges and hoping the vision of the club matches that which Nuremburg detailed so well a few months ago

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I don't mind the current badge but it's just not good design. The colours melt together and it somehow manages to look old fashioned and simultaneously doesn't feel like it shows the heritage of the club. You'd expect an old-fashioned design to atleast light it up with Heritage & History, but it doesn't.

It's fine and it's not an embarrassment like say the New Coke Leeds badge that nearly was. But it needs a change.

Our name & colours were so unique but after 20 years of Us, West Ham and Burnley all being middling Prem teams in the same colours, we need a brand identity for new fans and fans abroad that is distinctive, recognisable etc. That's why I liked @NurembergVillanidea of a colour-matched Claret that becomes our 'Ferrari Red', we need to compete on the world stage and there are some things we can do that keep the club *our* club but also make it more distinctive for new fans abroad. A new badge, consistent & distinctive colours and strong branding are a good way of doing that as our actual football "continuously improves".

I'm nervously looking forward to the new badges and hoping the vision of the club matches that which Nuremburg detailed so well a few months ago

Agreed, the claret and blue needs to be the same claret and blue everywhere.

Excepting for different textured shirts reflecting light slightly differently, the core dye has to be the same colour every time.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You're in the very small minority.

I think a lot of us have learned to live with it, but in reality our current badge is absolutely shit

It was designed by committee and that's why it turned out so bad.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, villa89 said:

It was designed by committee and that's why it turned out so bad.

I agree.

Tried to incorporate everything the fans wanted without anybody actually saying "This actually looks like dogshit"

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

You're in the very small minority.

I think a lot of us have learned to live with it, but in reality our current badge is absolutely shit

I feel like there’s an element of Stockholm syndrome with our badge. You look at it amongst the rest and it is standout complete garbage. It’s quite amazing it was ever agreed on. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Its nit a high priority now emerys been brought in. When they ready they will let us know

What's that even mean?

It's two separate departments innit? What has a brand awareness & commerical performance-driven crest review process which kicked off 4 months ago got to do with the very recent football operations decision to appoint a new boss?

They're not contingent on each other in the way you're suggesting, the club can get on with this business while the changes happen concurrently on the football operations side.

Would we tell a kit manufacturer to pause design of new kit / merchandise for next season because of what's happened/happening on the pitch or the training ground?

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

What's that even mean?

It's two separate departments innit? What has a brand awareness & commerical performance-driven crest review process which kicked off 4 months ago got to do with the very recent football operations decision to appoint a new boss?

They're not contingent on each other in the way you're suggesting, the club can get on with this business while the changes happen concurrently on the football operations side.

Would we tell a kit manufacturer to pause design of new kit / merchandise for next season because of what's happened/happening on the pitch or the training ground?

It means the managerial appointment and getting his team is in is the high priority at the moment and this isnt as important right now. Thought that was obvious what i meant.

You think the clubs just going to announce something like a new crest in a small scale ? They will make a big announcement when its ready to be annouced

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

It means the managerial appointment and getting his team is in is the high priority at the moment and this isnt as important right now. Thought that was obvious what i meant.

You think the clubs just going to announce something like a new crest in a small scale ? They will make a big announcement when its ready to be annouced

How big? Project it on the Rotunda?

I knew I should have had a career in marketing.

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

I feel like there’s an element of Stockholm syndrome with our badge. You look at it amongst the rest and it is standout complete garbage. It’s quite amazing it was ever agreed on. 

It gets a little bit of benefit from not being as utterly woeful as the first version of it

As previously stated, this is the first time in a while there has been a feel good effect about the club, surely now is the best time to do it? 

As pointed out, two things can happen at the same time. 

• Thanks 1