$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

So apparently Graham Taylor has been on Radio WM suggesting that a deal to sell Villa has already been done.......

Ron-Swanson-is-excited.gif

I would trust GT - he's not the type to gossip......anyone else verify ?

• Like 1

I've just had a though. 

When all the rumours started circulating in February with Red Bull and that nonesence, PF came out and denied that we were for sale.

Then they start up again in April, maybe the club literally just thought 'Bloody hell we've already denied this once, there is absolutely no point in denying it again. We can just reiterate the plans at the end of the season AND refer back to the statements in February' and then they can say they had already told us once?

They will have conned us in a way but it would sort of be the truth and it enabled them to stop a revolt at the end of the season because people were expecting a change.

For all we know Randy might be really confident that doing more of the same and spending £20m a season can keep us up, he can take the £60m TV money and pocket say £10m a year? Potentially sell Benteke soon and just reinvest the money from the sale of him the year after.

Losing faith by the day.

So GT has said that - I would like to hear a transcript !  - but that puts a drastic new slant on things - he wouldn't say that unless he had some solid intel...

I would also love GT to be involved in the villa park set up.....

I've just had a though. 

When all the rumours started circulating in February with Red Bull and that nonesence, PF came out and denied that we were for sale.

Then they start up again in April, maybe the club literally just thought 'Bloody hell we've already denied this once, there is absolutely no point in denying it again. We can just reiterate the plans at the end of the season AND refer back to the statements in February' and then they can say they had already told us once?

They will have conned us in a way but it would sort of be the truth and it enabled them to stop a revolt at the end of the season because people were expecting a change.

For all we know Randy might be really confident that doing more of the same and spending £20m a season can keep us up, he can take the £60m TV money and pocket say £10m a year? Potentially sell Benteke soon and just reinvest the money from the sale of him the year after.

Losing faith by the day.

But Graham Taylor has now said the deal is done - or something of that ilk ....

I've just had a though. 

Losing faith by the day.

I really doubt Lerner would expect to take any money out of the club now. He'll either sell once a bid he thinks is big enough comes in or keep the club on this self-sustainable basis, where he won't have to dip into his own pocket.

But does Graham Taylor have any inside links to the club anymore? Or is he just using common sense?

No he doesn't - but he is very straight guy - it depends on the context of the interview - but I don't believe he has any agenda to hype things or get our hopes up.

Who knows, maybe he's been approached by the possible new regieme and offered some sort of role here?

He was on WM after the Hull game - and when asked that very question he answered 'no - and I don't expect to be asked'  - also he  wouldn't leak Lerners statement....

But does Graham Taylor have any inside links to the club anymore? Or is he just using common sense?

No he doesn't - but he is very straight guy - it depends on the context of the interview - but I don't believe he has any agenda to hype things or get our hopes up.

You seem sure GT doesn't have a source with the club anymore? I'd be very surprised if that was true.

It's not like Taylor to blab and he's a Villa man as much as any of us. I'm happy to take his word over Trent's or Collywobble's, no offence.

This is another example of people wanting to believe things. 

Collymore of National radio talksport says no buyer = 'THE MANS A LIAR WITH NO CONTACTS HOW DARE HE LIE!!!!'

GT says something about us being sold on local WM = 'GT WOULDN'T LIE DOUG HAS TOLD HIM WE'RE SOLD I JUST KNOW IT'.

Obviously i'm exaggerating but that is literally how the two reactions have gone!!!! People want to believe it so they convince themselves

Collymore of National radio talksport says no buyer = 'THE MANS A LIAR WITH NO CONTACTS HOW DARE HE LIE!!!!'

GT says something about us being sold on local WM = 'GT WOULDN'T LIE DOUG HAS TOLD HIM WE'RE SOLD I JUST KNOW IT'.

Obviously i'm exaggerating but that is literally how the two reactions have gone!!!! People want to believe it so they convince themselves

And as people pointed out last time you brought it up, it's because Collymore's story has changed several times in the past week and works for a radio station that is notorious for winding up listeners so they call in.

Your assessment is not quite on the money. Collymore depends on listener hysteria to generate calls and tweets. Graham Taylor needs none of that. That's why his words carry more weight.

You seem sure GT doesn't have a source with the club anymore? I'd be very surprised if that was true.

It's not like Taylor to blab and he's a Villa man as much as any of us. I'm happy to take his word over Trent's or Collywobble's, no offence.

Sorry, what I meant was - he isn't an official or connected to the club. Because of the job he did for us and the type of bloke he is, I would imagine he has a lot of villa friends. 

• Like 2