$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Early days, Lerner hasn't officially said he wants to sell the club yet, that's what he will announce when this seasons over " I'm looking to sell AVFC, I will not sell to anyone, they have to be right for the club" I have a feeling this will drag out into next season. 

I don't think he will allow that to happen.

Lerner isn't an idiot and will probably be very aware that if things stay the same next season, we will probably get relegated resulting in a massive loss in the value of the club.

He knows he needs to sell this summer because he's run the club into the ground as much as possible without actually getting us relegated.

The next step IS relegation. 

He will sell this summer.

• Like 4

I was wondering if he was right about the Texas Rangers owners but got told that he shouldn't have released the names and so made up that thing about another bidder, I think he did say that he'd have no more information before safety has been confirmed. Strange that Simpson and Davis shoud deny it based on an internet rumour and deny it so quickly as well.

Early days, Lerner hasn't officially said he wants to sell the club yet, that's what he will announce when this seasons over " I'm looking to sell AVFC, I will not sell to anyone, they have to be right for the club" I have a feeling this will drag out into next season.

Lerner isn't an idiot
You do have to wonder about that at times. Edited by Amo69
  • Like 3

Lerner has all but said "I'm hoping to sell" with his latest statement. So whoever is really wanting to buy, it seems there are possible buyers. It can't hurt that RL will no doubt have loads of American billionaire yachting chums, or equivalent.

Hard to judge a new owner just on how much money they're supposedly worth anyway, so personally I'll try to remain relaxed about which rumour is true, can't be that difficult :)

• Like 2

Lerner has all but said "I'm hoping to sell" with his latest statement. So whoever is really wanting to buy, it seems there are possible buyers. It can't hurt that RL will no doubt have loads of American billionaire yachting chums, or equivalent.

Hard to judge a new owner just on how much money they're supposedly worth anyway, so personally I'll try to remain relaxed about which rumour is true, can't be that difficult :)

I don't care how much money they have. I'd be happy with an owner with no funds to invest but half a brain cell to use, it would be a vast improvement on the current incumbent!

We are in serious trouble every day that this idiot still owns us!

I know it means sod all but AVFC Mystery Man on Twitter is saying it's Larry Ellison

"AVFCMysteryman ‏@AvfcMysteryman 30m

The real story for #Villa is that the man ready to buy #AVFC is Larry Ellison the American Billionaire #ExcitingTimes"

"AVFCMysteryman ‏@AvfcMysteryman

Larry Ellison worth $48 Billion that he made

Randy Lerner $1.5 Billion his Dad made

Ellison hates 2 lose Lerner is good at failure #AVFC"

-------------------------------

Just thought I'd tell you guys

Don't think this is the same MM. Probably more chance of Jennifer Ellison taking us over.

It's not the same MM.

I know the guy who runs that Twitter account. He's on a wind up. Quite obviously so as well.

....wouldn't take much to wind us up though would it?.....a nice big fat Billionaire would be nice ......or more realistically a decent scout, who can spot a few bargains, that can play.

.....not sure which is the hardest to come by.

Huh?

Did you quote the wrong post?

Not sure where to puts this and  I'm in no way ITK. I'm just passing on a conversation I Had with a good friend who works for Atkins Engineering and he has heard that they have just been asked to draw up plans about lowering the pitch by a 2-3 metres and adding 3000 extra seats or so the next time the pitch is replaced (2016 he said due to the rugby WC) Not sure how that relates to a takeover but Ithere is no way (or need)  Randy would stump up the $$$ for expansion considering we can't sell out with the current tripe on offer. It would take our capacity up to just over 45.000. Then with the North Stand to be replaced at some point he said 62,000 is the max we could go to, and thats with the Holte corner & Trinity corners being squared off as well. Could be bullshit as he is a Citeh fan and has been taking the piss since they have been taken over. Just thought i'd share to see if anyone else has heard something similar and apologies in advance if in fact it is false. 

• Like 2

Not sure where to puts this and  I'm in no way ITK. I'm just passing on a conversation I Had with a good friend who works for Atkins Engineering and he has heard that they have just been asked to draw up plans about lowering the pitch by a 2-3 metres and adding 3000 extra seats or so the next time the pitch is replaced (2016 he said due to the rugby WC) Not sure how that relates to a takeover but Ithere is no way (or need)  Randy would stump up the $$$ for expansion considering we can't sell out with the current tripe on offer. It would take our capacity up to just over 45.000. Then with the North Stand to be replaced at some point he said 62,000 is the max we could go to, and thats with the Holte corner & Trinity corners being squared off as well. Could be bullshit as he is a Citeh fan and has been taking the piss since they have been taken over. Just thought i'd share to see if anyone else has heard something similar and apologies in advance if in fact it is false. 

AAHhhhh Lambert new tactics, rugby!

I thought there was a problem with the ground water rising in the Witton area due to the closing down of the heavy industry, brewers and HP. Maybe it going to be a swimming pool!

Yes Lambert heard Gabby has a very strong breaststroke!

• Like 1

The real essence is,its not how much an owner is worth....its how much they are willing to spend on players.

Edited by TRO