$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

If there was a takeover planned i still don't get why Lerner pumped 90 million of his own money in paying off debt? Why not just sell for 90 mill less? Could it be lerners intention to have another crack at it?

Gonna guess tax reasons

If there was a takeover planned i still don't get why Lerner pumped 90 million of his own money in paying off debt? Why not just sell for 90 mill less? Could it be lerners intention to have another crack at it?

Just after he did that I was shown a forward of a text message rumoured to have been from Paul Faulkner that said it was for the redevelopment of the North Stand ,complete with Dennis Mortimer statue outside..  ( you can probably find my original post on the forum with the search button  , it may have had more details that I've since forgotten )

I can't say how legit that text was , I just passed it on as interesting at the time as a sort of  lets see .... I was given to believe he was seeking additional investment rather than looking to sell   ..

it's possible that the plans have changed , it's possible the original message I saw was a load of bull  , do CE's even send text messages ??

I think it is still very possible that Lerner is seeking other investors rather than wanting to sell up completely. Many of the American sports club takeovers have been via a Consortium. Derby County was taken over by an American consortium as was Liverpool. I was told by someone on the business side of the club at the beginning of this season that there would be "exciting developments in the next 12-18 months" and that Lerner wasn't selling up.

So if he announces new shareholders bringing more investment it really wouldn't surprise me if Lerner is still involved.

Edited by MikeMcKenna

Its when people on here who know nothing about nothing, claiming its guesswork that prompts me to post.

They got it right-Get over it.

This is a forum for people to discuss Villa and Villa rumours. Their opinion that it's guesswork is allowed.

Get.

Over.

It.

• Like 2

I doubt it's the real MM. I imagine it's someone who has registered with the name Mysteryman, just so they can pretend to be ITK. <br />

<br />

IIRC, when he was rumbled by Villa staff he stopped posting. Why would he register with the same username, just to give out ITK info again? Would he really risk his job for the sake of a rumour that other supposed ITK's have already confirmed? I don't think so, personally.

Mysteryman just commented on the tbar site.

aaannnnnnnndddddd.........................................

Fine if you aren't going to do it for me!!

100% for sale - 3/4 interested parties - new manager will follow.

hmmm not ground breaking

My guess would be because it's better for the club. I look at it like this.

The end money RL will get would be the same. The end price paid would be the same.

BUT

The club would appear, and would actually be, as an entity, a lot less indebted to creditors. So for the sake of various rules and appearances "Aston Villa, with debts of 90 million pounds+" or "Aston Villa with no debt+" are kind of two different things.

SO I don't thin it affects any transaction or sale of the club, but the club as a seperate company is essentially in a healthier state.