Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

As has been said in earlier posts, Ramsay Snow (the guy who 'owns' Theon as you put it) is the bastard son of Lord Roose Bolton who was a bannerman to the Starks since the Boltons reside in the Dreadfort which is in the North and the Starks were the Wardens of the North. Roose Bolton conspired with Tywin Lannister to betray Robb Stark when he was the King in the North (the Red Wedding) and now with Winterfell (the Stark's home) burned to the ground and most of the Starks thought to be dead, Tywin gave Bolton the title of Warden in the North.

Since Roose Bolton has no true male heir, and since Ramsay helped take Moat Cailin by using Theon (the castle he was sent into to treat with the Iron Islanders occupying it near the start of the episode), Roose has decided to recognise his bastard as his heir and he is no longer Ramsay Snow, but Ramsay Bolton.

All bastards born in the North are given the surname Snow, like Jon since he is the bastard son of Ned Stark (Sean Bean). All around Westeros (the continent most of the story is set in) bastard children are given a specific surname. This is usually reflective of the area they are born in, such as Snow because the North is cold and there is lots of Snow, and Sand is another surname used in the south of Westeros in Dorne (where Oberyn, the guy who fought the Mountain as Tyrion's Champion, is from) because there are lots of deserts around that part of the continent.

Other examples are:

Rivers for bastards born in the Riverlands (where Catelyn Stark is originally from)

Stone for bastards born around the Vale (where Baelish and Sansa are at the moment in the TV show)

Storm for bastards born in the Stormlands (where Robert, Stannis and Renly Baratheon are originally from)

Thanks Ginkopedia   :D

• Like 1

I haven't read the books, but I really really really hope Tyrion get's out of his impending death somehow. If it was any other series you know he would, but with GOT, meh he's probably a gonner :lol:

Without reading the books you could kinda tell that the Mountain would win that fight because didn't Ayer have a random passing comment about wanting to kill the Mountain? God knows if it will happen or not but it seemed a bit strange at the time.

Edited by PieFacE

Without reading the books you could kinda tell that the Mountain would win that fight because didn't Ayer have a random passing comment about wanting to kill the Mountain? God knows if it will happen or not but it seemed a bit strange at the time.

She wants to kill lots of people.  She has an extensive 'shitlist'.

Haven't been in here for a while because of spoilers and that so apologies if it's been discussed.

Anyone think this season has been a bit... meh?

Haven't been in here for a while because of spoilers and that so apologies if it's been discussed.

except for episode 3 (purple wedding), episode 8 (the one from yesterday), the episode with the night king at the end....    yes, its not been quite as good as S1-3.

still the best thing currently on TV though.

Next episode is focused entirely on the wall and the last episode will be where you will find out what's happen in King's Landing.

that is too much of a spolier, i didn't want to know that  :-(

especially with the reputation of previous episode 9's.

I haven't read the books, but I really really really hope Tyrion get's out of his impending death somehow. If it was any other series you know he would, but with GOT, meh he's probably a gonner :lol:

thats what i thought as well.

in any normal series he would never die, but in GoT, you never know.

he's my favourite character, so please don't let him die!

To be fair, the episode is called "The Watchers on the Wall", so it was kind of obvious...

well the last episode was called 'The Mountain & the Viper' and it only had about 3-5 minutes of the episode dedicated to them.

very different from a whole episode focused entirely on one group of people.

No. It's been great. Sadly I suspect this will be the last really good season before the show loses its way (just like the books).

very different from a whole episode focused entirely on one group of people.

It's been reasonably common knowledge all season that episode 9 will focus entirely on Snow and co. They've even brought back the director, Neil Marshall, of the last episode to focus entirely on one location, Blackwater. From what I remember that was a good 'un.

The title of the last episode is more interesting, The Children.

A bit, it's more been more filler than usual, and as a book fan it's been the series where I've had to come to terms with the fact that the show tells the same story but differently, but I think there has been a few scenes that have more than made up for the filler, like Joffrey's death, Lysa's "suicide", Tyrion's "confession" and the trial by combat last night, plus I suspect that there will be a few more scenes in the next two episodes that will also be worth the filler.

I'm especially looking forward to next weeks episode :D

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â