Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

42 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't agree at all with Ramsay being a "great character", he was one step off twirling a moustache, he was just.... evil and crazy, not so much depth and motivations as mental illness? He was occasionally entertaining, but pretty one dimensional, IMO.

I think they were trying to think of ways every week to shock people. I imagine some people were expecting him to just kill Rickon before the battle when he brought him out

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I'm not convinced rickon will have seen that one...

its being blown out of proportion IMO yes as a viewer it makes perfect sense to swerve, to a character who in GoT I think is around 7 so at this point is meant to be  about 9/10 years old is it really common sense?

Pretty much this.

Seriously, who cares?

If he'd zig zagged and Ramsey had still picked him off, people would still be complaining.

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Three mistakes,  really.

Shooting Rickon instead of Jon. Shooting the giant instead of Jon. Continuing to try and shoot Jon the third and fourth time, at short range, when he was easily blocking them. Shoulda gone for the sword!

Rickon: The point wasn't to kill Rickon, or Jon. It was to get Jon to charge at Ramsey and his army to follow him, rather than sitting back and waiting like they'd planned. "Don't do what he wants you to do". That was exactly what Ramsey wanted Jon to do. Killing Jon would have ruined that as the army wouldn't have had a reason to charge.

As for the giant, shooting him was crueler.

That's Ramsey's character down to a tee.

The giant was dying, they were about to have a touching moment, and Ramsey ruined it. That bit was perfect, as my gf practically crying out in pain for the giant would attest to :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turnbull said:

It's all gone a bit Hollywood really.

Like they're chasing ratings by giving people what they want.

Still entertaining, obviously, but not the GoT I've enjoyed on so many levels since the first episode.

Maybe it's cos they've overtaken the books I guess.

This season has been miles better than Season 4 and 5.

Season 4 especially was **** toilet. At least 5 ended strongly.

Doesn't wanting to see him die like he did or similar, make the audience on some level almost as bad as he is. It was so obvious that he was going to die in the way that he did or similar, that I think it would have actually been more dramatic, if he just died in battle, incidentally.

As for the character I think he was badly cast, written for, and too predictable. I suppose King Joffery was pretty predictable too, but he seemed to be a much more convincing villain. Actually when that young lord (?), who likes throwing people through moon doors, made a re-appearence, I think he came across as more sinister and scary than Ramsey has ever done.

I'm hoping we see a good heel turn from Cersei next episode. I think she's the only believable antagonist left apart from the walkers, but they are going to have to cram a fair bit in to sort out the Sparrows and have Cersei do something to turn the audience back against her.

6 hours ago, hogso said:

The Night's King will be all the antagonist you need when he melts the **** wall next week

Why would he be such an antagonist though? We barely know anything about them and their motives, they've mostly been walking around minding their own business for a long time. Why is he bad? 

13 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Is Sansa preggers?

Given that since she left Winterfell Theon has had time to travel from Winterfell to Pyke, kick around there for a bit, travel from there to Volantis and from there to Meereen I think it's pretty safe to assume that she is not. 

2 hours ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Why would he be such an antagonist though? We barely know anything about them and their motives, they've mostly been walking around minding their own business for a long time. Why is he bad? 

The White Walkers are the antithesis of all life in Westeros, they don't have a motive, they are evil.

I just hope Jon has the sense to burn that tremendous mound of bodies outside Winterfell, lest he face a repeat of Hardhome...

10 minutes ago, hogso said:

The White Walkers are the antithesis of all life in Westeros, they don't have a motive, they are evil.

I just hope Jon has the sense to burn that tremendous mound of bodies outside Winterfell, lest he face a repeat of Hardhome...

Still not sure why they're evil. Worse thing they've done was to attack the wildlings, which is something all of Westerosi houses would approve. 

19 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Still not sure why they're evil. Worse thing they've done was to attack the wildlings, which is something all of Westerosi houses would approve. 

Turning babies into mindless zombies is pretty evil tbqf.

But to answer your question more specifically, we know they rose up and ravaged Westeros in the past, it took the near extinction of the Children of the Forest (having been created by them in the first instance to fight The First Men) and the raising of The Wall to stop them. Here is the ever reliable Old Nan's tale of that time;

"Thousands of years ago, there came a night that lasted a generation. Kings froze to death in their castles, same as the shepherds in their huts; and women smothered their babies rather than see them starve, and wept, and felt the tears freeze on their cheeks... In that darkness the White Walkers came for the first time. They swept through cities and kingdoms, riding their dead horses, hunting with their packs of pale spiders big as hounds."

Unconfirmed presumption from myself;

The Night King (the original White Walker, the one with all the power whom we saw being murdered by the Children of the Forest) awoke at first with untold power, and after initially working for his masters, he created an army to overthrow them, and then attempted to take the whole contininent, destroying everything in his path, as he resents all life. He got kicked back up north, The Wall rose, so he and the remaining Others had to bide their time to regain their strength and power to a high enough level to take down The Wall and attempt another invasion. That time is just about here. As I alluded to in an earlier post, even the God's are worried about them and are pulling strings to try and stop their advance, furthermore I believe their killing of the last of the Children of the Forest to be massively significant, as it may have severely weakened the magicks holding up The Wall.

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â