Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

The only thing I didn't like was....

Spoiler

Why wouldn't Sansa tell John that she's asked Littlefinger for troops? They could have waited it out a few days to see if LF would provide them, and not lose so many men? Seemed a bit stupid really... 

4 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Suspend logic and there are great fighting scenes and drama to be entertained by. Still, a bit disappointing that things contradict the way they were happening in the begining but hey ho. 

How so? 

Edited by PieFacE

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

How so? 

Spoiler

Don't want to be a whiner, I have enjoyed the film and books, however, there was no deus ex machina ( sort of ) moment saving Ned for making dumb decisions right? Jon lost the battle because he's shown to be a terrible and impulsive commander who was outthought by Ramsay, who's not meant to be that great at this in the books. Then a full blown army marches into the battlefield to save Jon's ass that no one in the north saw marching for, presumably, weeks/months? That was a total LotR rip off, only missing Gandalf. 

I guess I think a better story would be if the protagonist would be presented as a good leader and commander in order to win the battle using some wits and stuff, rather than being lucky his half sis popped up in time with one of the biggest armies in Westeros. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

The only thing I didn't like was....

Hide contents

Why wouldn't Sansa tell John that she's asked Littlefinger for troops? They could have waited it out a few days to see if LF would provide them, and not lose so many men? Seemed a bit stupid really... 

How so? 

Spoiler

Then they'd probably hold off and not attack. Ramsey would see the greater force and retreat causing a siege which Jon wouldn't want.

Sansa played it perfectly.

Jon didn't. He was an idiot. Rickon was always going to die.

Sansa used the only tactic that could win Winterfell back quickly.  She warns Jon about Ramsey always being one step ahead and she was right . Revealing the Vale too early would have lead to a siege .

The dialogue is still garbage and there are too many generic tropes being stuffed in, when initially it was praised for avoiding or distorting tropes . Everybody has become a caricature of themselves and nobody develops in any notable way . 

It's become predictable  , by the numbers TV now .  

It's still  one of the most entertaining hours on telly. but it isn't the award winning masterpiece they think it is either .  

Battle scenes were excellent and were worthy of the build up.

lol @ Rickon, he never stood a chance.

The show as a whole has lost it's ability to shock me. I'm not sure if it's the endless internet theories or what but Littlefinger coming was super predictable. Most people could have figured out the key results of that conflict pretty easily, even if they got it a bit out of order. I'm still being entertained though

10 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Littlefinger coming was super predictable. Most people could have figured out the key results of that conflict pretty easily, even if they got it a bit out of order. I'm still being entertained though

they were hardly trying to hide it though. 

there was a few times where i actually thought.."oh shit, jon might actually die here" even though i thought 100% before hand he never would. Thats good enough for me imo.

The scene where he was trapped under dead bodies was terrific

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, gharperr said:

they were hardly trying to hide it though. 

there was a few times where i actually thought.."oh shit, jon might actually die here" even though i thought 100% before hand he never would. Thats good enough for me imo.

The scene where he was trapped under dead bodies was terrific

Im claustrophobic and those scenes were intense for me . 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â