Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

its going to be a LOTR rip off, i just cant figure out who is going to play the role of the rhorrim and ride in to save the day just as jon is about to lose

Tywin did it at Blackwater, Stannis did it at the wall, the Knights of the Vale (and Littlefinger) will do it next week. 

I liked that episode. More of The Hound, the brotherhood back, Edmure calling out Jamie for the dick he is. And the Mountain ripped a guy's **** head off. 

The only thing I was disappointed by was the off screen Blackfish death. (I only hope he's not dead)

2 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

The viewers will be reminded that Ramsay sucks at the start of show I bet . Anyone know if they have any hostages ?

Nobody the audience gives a shit about.  I think they mentioned something about Ricky someone or other, who gives a ****, feed him to the hounds.

I'm treating the TV show as an unintentional comedy at this point, bring on the next book.

Edited by Davkaus

has to be something shit that we will have to wait until next season to find out something equally as shit happened like jons dog ripped yer man face off, or jamie marches his army up north to rebel against the church 

5 minutes ago, jon_c said:

I liked that episode. More of The Hound, the brotherhood back, Edmure calling out Jamie for the dick he is. And the Mountain ripped a guy's **** head off. 

The only thing I was disappointed by was the off screen Blackfish death. (I only hope he's not dead)

I think they didn't want another shitty Barristen Selmy death scene on their hands . That was Xena/Relic Hunter level. Not HBO.

Hell the Blackfish pretty much breaks the fourth wall when he says he doesn't want to look foolish.

Edited by Brumerican

He looked foolish by staying and fighting pointlessly to the death, didn't seem very in  character to me. After all the Blackfish has been through, he doesn't fall back to Sansa to try to get revenge, he just tries to fight an army on his own. Eugh.

The most annoying thing about this episode, for me, was how much it's made the earlier episodes seem like a waste of time. 3 **** series of Arya buildup...for that? Really?

Hopefully Dany is up to something, because that re-entrance was seriously underwhelming. She's seen the naval forces outside and decided to just pop in for a chat? Presumably the dragon CGI is in next week's budget.

We had all of those characters dragged to Riverrun...for that? Part of me hopes that limp dick Edmure has something cunning up his sleave, but I'm probably giving the writers too much credit. 

Who killed the guys the Hound was with, and made him realise he should reclaim his old ways, and hunt them down? Oh, just some guys, they're dead now, np.

No White Walkers for another few episodes, presumably we'll briefly be reminded that they're the gravest danger Westeros has ever seen a few minutes before a fight scene.

• Like 1

Also, WTF was that scene with Tyrion, Grey Worm, and what's her name? We already had the cringeworthy small talk episode a couple of weeks ago, now they're exchanging painful jokes? Jesus.

Tyrion used to be interested, Dany's tedium forcefield has rubbed off on him. She even makes dragons boring.

Edited by Davkaus

Open mic night with Tyrion was cringey and also a rehash of a previous scene with those 3. Must be contractually obliged for Dinklage to appear on screen, as it just appears to be pointless filler at the expense of more interesting stories. 

Pretty obvious how this battle will play out. 

Snow's lot get off to a good start, but Ramsay's superior numbers soon tell. Things look desperate, then Littlefinger turns up with his lot. Ramsay retreats and probably takes Rickon hostage before the inevitable boss battle between the two bastards. I hope Sansa kills Ramsay in the end, but I'm not sure how we get to that point.

Season finale, I think, will be: Arya on a boat, Dany killing slavers and getting boats from Yara and Theon, Tyrion in trouble for playing Westerosi politics, Sam in Old Town, and it will end with Bran at the Wall or near the Wall.

I'm not sure if Cersei's wildfire plot will come to fruition, but I hope it does.

I didn't think the episode was that bad to be fair. Not every episode can have a massive OMG moment. Arya's story has been the main let down. I look forward to the fight next week.  Is next season the last season?

• Like 1

It wasn't poor because it didn't have a WTF moment, it was poor because Arya's bits were batshit insane and Tyron's scenes seemed to only be in there because Dinklage has got contractual obligation for screen time or something.  Combine that with the Dorne stuff over the last couple of seasons and it's now getting pretty easy to think the show is on a downwards curve. 

• Like 1

I think this season as a whole has been a lot stronger than 4 & 5, but they've streamlined the show so much that only a few characters/plots matters at this stage which leaves a lot of filler. It also doesn't help that each season has the same structure and it's all a bit predictable. That would be less of a problem if the writing was consistently strong, which it isn't really. It is a show that relies too much on shock and spectacle rather than strong character development or plots that are well thought out and enjoyable to watch unfold. So, for all the good stuff this season, we've effectively spent 8 weeks waiting for two big events that have been obvious for a while.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â