Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

@ Ben Very similar in appearance and personality and rarely appear in the show . I bet you aren't the only person who thought that.

Edited by Brumerican

Yep, a standard table setting episode that progressed plots and built up the conflicts to come. Not amazing, but solid.

A few points:

Sam's sword will definitely come in handy, but I'm more interested to see what happens at the Citadel. They are taking their sweet time to get him there so I'm going to assume it is Very Important Stuff and will mostly happen next season.

No Ramsay is always a bonus. Shite character. Hope Sansa fists him into a pulp.

Arya's plot is finally moving forward and her bloody escape from the Faceless Men will be fun, but I can't help feel this whole storyline has been a waste of time. As she'll obviously get to Westeros and start taking the remaining names off that list before too long, the rest of the season will probably be her getting to Westeros (perhaps on a boat with Tyrion?).

Dany continues to be boring and the show just isn't doing enough to make us question her actions. I guess that will be a final season deal when the Dothraki and co are let loose on the innocents of Westeros. I'm hoping Dario turns out to be a long-term schemer and does her in at some point. For the time being we just have to put up with her annoying entitlement (why, exactly, is Westeros rightfully hers? Nobody elected her!)

The mention of the Brotherhood without Banners can only mean one thing: GENDRY RETURNS.

King's Landing got a bit more interesting again but only thanks to Margery and the High Sparrow. Tommen is such a dreadful actor that he's sucked the life out of this storyline. I also can't help but feel it is all a bit pointless in the scheme of things, but perhaps that is the point? Power struggles among people distract from the bigger issues (DRAGONS, WHITE WALKERS, CLIMATE CHANGE YO).

Cleganebowl is in doubt unless the Hound makes an appearance very soon. For the trial by combat, I'm starting to think Loras will join the Sparrows and we'll have a rerun of the Mountain's and his brief duel in Season 1 (BUT REMEMBER WHO STOPPED THAT? THE HOUND OMG!11!)

How Walder Frey will die remains a mystery. It has to be poetic. Maybe he'll find his way onto Arya's list (if he isn't already on there).

Finally, nice to see Benjen again. I do buy into the theory that Bran makes everything happen but not really because it already happened (repeating 'burn them all' is, to my mind, a deliberate echo of Hodor's 'hold the door'). It's sad and fatalistic and fitting. Bran the Destroyer.

17 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Dany continues to be boring and the show just isn't doing enough to make us question her actions. I guess that will be a final season deal when the Dothraki and co are let loose on the innocents of Westeros. I'm hoping Dario turns out to be a long-term schemer and does her in at some point. For the time being we just have to put up with her annoying entitlement (why, exactly, is Westeros rightfully hers? Nobody elected her!)

Because she is the only living child of the slain former King.  A family that had reigned for 1000s of years.

18 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

The mention of the Brotherhood without Banners can only mean one thing: GENDRY RETURNS.

It hopefully means two things!

About the same. She's the only known surviving Targaryan (two or three possible others, of course), and she has the best possible weapon against the undead army to the north. She's going to be a main character all of the way through.

27 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Because she is the only living child of the slain former King.  A family that had reigned for 1000s of years.

I get that, my issue is really why we should be on her side. She started off as someone who wanted to 'break the wheel' but is increasingly becoming just another violent conqueror, as Dario noted. How different is she from anyone else if what she wants is to rule the world, at the cost of many lives. simply because her family did? The show is starting to make us question her at least, but not enough for my anti-monarchist taste ;).

Interestingly, through the High Sparrow the show is starting to explicitly question the way Westeros is run (essentially a pissing contest between rich families). That the people willingly turn to zealots for revolution and stability is a depressing, if realistic, response.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

4 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

I get that, my issue is really why we should be on her side. She started off as someone who wanted to 'break the wheel' but is increasingly becoming just another violent conqueror, as Dario noted. How different is she from anyone else if what she wants is to rule the world, at the cost of many lives. simply because her family did? The show is starting to make us question her at least, but not enough for my anti-monarchist taste ;).

I think that's kind of the point.  I think the viewers and even her will be horrified by what happens when she gets over there.  Martin likes to showcase the true horrors of war.  There are no true heroes.

• Like 1

Next episode is titled 'The Broken Man', I believe it may be Ian McShane's episode and his healing back to heath/resurrection of The Hound. The final three episodes are called 'No One' (Ayra), Battle of the Bastards (Jon v Ramsay) and The Winds of Winter (White Walkers finally reaching The Wall?).

Four episodes. I hope too many people aren't too peeved when certain characters haven't moved much. I'm thinking Sam, Dany, and Tyrion.

27 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

I get that, my issue is really why we should be on her side. She started off as someone who wanted to 'break the wheel' but is increasingly becoming just another violent conqueror, as Dario noted. How different is she from anyone else if what she wants is to rule the world, at the cost of many lives. simply because her family did?

I thought that was entirely the point.

I'm rooting for her because I think it will be hilarious for them to be waging their own battle in Westeros and for her to arrive with dragons and a huge army and just kick the shit out of everyone.

I doubt many people are rooting for her because of some noble or moral reason. More because she's beautiful and she has dragons.

• Like 1

I think a previously on should have really been used on this episode as brought back I think 4 or 5 characters in name or person and some are blink and miss characters

im sure Benjen left after about episode 3 of season 1

I'm pretty sure they do a 'Previously... on Game of Thrones' in the US, or at least they do sometimes, but they never have over here. Maybe they give us a bit more credit than the American audience but Game of Thrones is so vast it really needs them from time to time.

The only problem with that would it would be an obvious spoiler in a lot of cases.

If they'd done a "previously" and showed that Benjen guy, then it would have been completely obvious who that guy who saved Bran was going to be.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â