Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

Bring on the rest of the season. Everything is now in place, let’s do it.

Spoiler

Am I the only one who thinks Dany will bite the dust? Jon looked pissed when Sam told him she killed his dad and brother for not bending the knee. Plus he’s lead Targ now. 

25 minutes ago, Tayls said:

loving the willpower Dem....

Yep until everyone at work was talking about it today. There was absolutely no way they wouldn't have spoiled it for me. 

Didn't want to take the risk. 

37 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Bring on the rest of the season. Everything is now in place, let’s do it.

Hide contents

Am I the only one who thinks Dany will bite the dust? Jon looked pissed when Sam told him she killed his dad and brother for not bending the knee. Plus he’s lead Targ now. 

No chance in hell I think. Be great twist if they did. 

It was very, very out of place, and far  too long when you consider how short some other plotpoints got. Yara? Yeah, she's alright. Not sure what the fuss was about, got her out of there in 30 seconds flat.

Edited by Davkaus

2 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

This. Exactly this.

Bran: THERE'S NO TIME  FOR ANY OF THIS, the undead have broken through the wall!

Daenerys: I could stay here for a thoooouuuusand years. Hehehe.

Image result for unimpressed gif

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

This. Exactly this.

Particularly wearing that outfit.

Would have been a pretty anticlimactic ending to his character arc if he was blown into a ravine off the back of a dragon because the wind got caught under his heavy cloak.

• Like 1

They managed to blast through a lot of supposedly epic moments and cliffhangers from last season without even stopping for breath in what, 50 minutes.

Spoiler

Will Jon get to know who he really is ✔ 

will Jon ride a dragon ✔

will the goofy Dane pirate get to boink Cersei ✔

Saving Yara ✔

That's a season and a half worth of events right there, but that's how this season was always going to be.

So much stuff having to be done in such short time, and with little or not writing from R.R Martin to make it deeper and richer.

still, can't deny it's well done and very entertaining.

Edited by sne

Can't say I enjoyed the last season that much, and I didn't really enjoy that either.

This show seems to have gone from a state where it was worth discussing what was good, what was bad, what was interesting and what was trite and so on into a completely different state where notions of quality are irrelevant and the only thing that matters is the pure girth of the spectacle. The question I'm battling with is why I should care about the fate of characters that aren't given more than thirty seconds to make an impression. No surprise that the best bit of the entire episode was the post-shag conversation between Euron and Cersei, basically the only moment about character rather than spectacle. 

• Like 1

Far too dragged out for my liking . That headbutt and a handshake scene could easily have been cut to a growl and a hug. 

The chimney sweep Catherine wheel scene was cool though. 

Somebody wants his Spirograph returned badly.

• Like 1

Spoiler

The saving of yara geez that was so rushed. 

For me it just seemed like a rushed episode to get every charchter a cameo in. The brann and Jamie ending is a bit shit because that isn't brann now so not overly bothered about that. 

I wonder if we will see cameos or visions/dream sequence of ned stark or his wife or robb stark before the final battle. That would be great to see. 

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Can't say I enjoyed the last season that much, and I didn't really enjoy that either.

This show seems to have gone from a state where it was worth discussing what was good, what was bad, what was interesting and what was trite and so on into a completely different state where notions of quality are irrelevant and the only thing that matters is the pure girth of the spectacle. The question I'm battling with is why I should care about the fate of characters that aren't given more than thirty seconds to make an impression. No surprise that the best bit of the entire episode was the post-shag conversation between Euron and Cersei, basically the only moment about character rather than spectacle. 

I'm in full agreement with this, it took me until last night to be bothered watching it

Can anyone explain why the nights watch and the wildlings were still far in the North slowly plodding back to Winterfell, while Jon was with them and has since gone to Kings Landing and back to Winterfell?

Edit: Ah, they stayed north until the wall fell.

Edited by Davkaus

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â