Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

42 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

So who do we think kills Cersei, Daenerys or Jaime? Interesting that it was only an episode ago that it was revealed by Tyrion why it was that Jaime killed the mad king...They're a bit heavy handed with the foreshadowing sometimes. :P 

Maggy the frog predicted that the Valonqar would kill Cersei.  In the books Cersei always took this to mean Tyrion.

But I think the show is foreshadowing that it will be Jaime, which will be some small redemption for his character. 

Jaime is such a weirdly developed character.

After the first couple of seasons where he was basically as big an asshole as anyone, he's been on a redemption arc where they've done absolutely everything they can to make the audience sympathetic towards him, apart from the time where he raped his sister next to his son's corpse before continuing merrily along his redemption arc like nothing had happened.

• Like 2

Aegon was one of three dragon riders during his Conquest.

There are 3 dragons now, Dany rides one of course, Jon could ride one, and the other...is it too late to bring 'Young Griff' in to the TV show?

19 minutes ago, jon_c said:

This is Game of Thrones after six seasons of build up, she'll ride up at Kings Landing with three Dragons and someone will blow them to s**t with wildfire.

Which the dragons will eat and transform in to the ultimate three headed dragon King Ghidorah

King_Ghidorah_91.jpg

Edited by hogso

I wonder if Jorah Mormont will become another character of myth like Blackfish and Gendry who simply slips off not to be seen or heard from ever again/for a long time.

Perhaps he will cure his greyscale and return to Bear Island to take back what is his from that little bitch.

29 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Quick question, was The Mountain getting ready for a bit of the old 'in-out' with the Septa? I kind of assumed that would be the ultimate 'shame' for her but for once they were a little more subtle.

Lena Hedley said this about the scene

"It's so filthy. It's so great. Everybody's witnessed what happened with the two of them. I don't think people will be able to help going, 'Yes!'

But it's so depraved, it's brilliant. The scene was meant to be worse, but they couldn't do it. This is like the tame version. It's pretty bad still though. I'd take being exploded in the Sept over that any day"

Entertainment Weekly

• Like 1

I thought the scene with the Nun and the Mountain was unnecessary, and didn't speak well of the program maker's opinion of the audience. Cersei getting her revenge is fine, but I don't think it needed to be done in such a sadistic way, at least not for the benefit of the audience.

Also, going back to Maggy the Frog's prophecy, she said;

"Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear"

Must mean Dany, as she is on her way to Westeros, although Cersei herself assumed it was Margaery.

"And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you"

Similarly, she assumed this to refer to Tyrion, as valonqar means little brother in High Valyrian, but it almost certainly refers to Jaime now. I previously assumed being drowned by her tears being a reference to her grief, but she's lost all her kids now and doesn't seem that fussed as she is Queen. Perhaps if Jaime costs her the throne?

1 hour ago, hogso said:

Perhaps he will cure his greyscale and return to Bear Island to take back what is his from that little bitch.

He's a coward who fled his home to escape punishment, he'll never be the Lord of Bear Island. Daenerys had better not pardon him!

Edited by Davkaus

Thought it was a brilliant episode.

My only complaint was that the wildfire scene was so drawn out and telegraphed that all the shock was taken out of it.

But the music and atmosphere was so fantastic that I can let them off.

I don't get people who watch an episode like that and then moan about logistics. "Verys would never have been able to travel that fast!"

Who gives a shit?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He's a coward who fled his home to escape punishment, he'll never be the Lord of Bear Island. Daenerys had better not pardon him!

If she made that milkdrinker lord of bear island. Lyanna Mormont would slit her throat.

1 hour ago, useless said:

I thought the scene with the Nun and the Mountain was unnecessary, and didn't speak well of the program maker's opinion of the audience. Cersei getting her revenge is fine, but I don't think it needed to be done in such a sadistic way, at least not for the benefit of the audience.

FrbTOCG.jpg

;)

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â