Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

I completely don't care about Jon Snow.

That's one of the reasons I didn't like the last season very much, because he was a large focus of the plot. I find myself sighing with disappointment every time the Nights watch appear on the screen.

I was gutted when I started the infamous episode 9 and it was all about the Nights Watch. Yawn.

Because the show has completely mishandled him....he's not heroic or impressive at all.

A 5-10 main segment once a week doesn't allow the character to grow that much....the books really do.

Edited by Eames

Yeah, she wanted to be the pampered princess from the get go, I'm not too concerned with what happens to her. There are very few characters I really give a crap about, actually. I root for Briene and Pod...

I also like the mercenary who was the dwarf's bodyguard

I really don't care about Briene and Pod. I think the Hound and Bronn (Tyrion's ex-bodyguard) are probably my favourites.

As for the book comparison, I'm glad there's been some major changes. I hate this idea that all tv shows/movies should try and be like the books they're based on. I'm glad it's very rarely the case otherwise it'd be far too boring and predictable watching them.

Really glad the Bran storyline isn't in this season. It got to the point I'd just browse the net while he was on screen. So dull.

I like the TV show but it is inherantly flawed because it has none of the depth or complexity of the books.

said every tv show / film ever

tbf the book would be too much for me if i hadnt watched series 1 first, too many characters, my missus is really struggling with some of the changes they've made, mondays episode for example

the embalming of the corpse

but for the amount of time that would take on screen to explain and play out how much would it actually add to the story?

I can't answer without being really spoilery....but listen to the A Cast of Kings podcast....for an example of totally pointless TV sexposition this week.

MV, isn't it you who's been saying GoT has been shit since about season 2? :)

Ever since

ned stark

got killed its just been pants .....but you cant deny the last season and a half has been muck ...except for the odd episode ........tits and vag make it watchable 

I wouldn't say muck, but the last season was certainly the poorest yet.

I just wondered why you bothered watching something for so long when you odn't like it. Every week you moan about it :D

It's like Drat in the Top Gear thread

no different than watching Villa for 5 years ;)

First episode was very meh. Even in comparison to other first episodes. What actually happened? Snow pissed off the lord of the light and Tyrion drank a lot of booze and is on his way to see the dragon lady. Crazy times.

Maybe the source material isn't up to much. I have heard this.

The various plot lines finally seem like they are starting to converge, which is good.

:huh:  I have watched the first 4 episodes of season five and I think it's at its disjointed worst. Too many story arcs, too many locations, none of which are connected. It's just all over the place, much like book 4 of the series. I think they would be better off having one episode focus on one or two characters rather than 20 scenes with 15 different characters.

It's still miles better than 99% of the shite that's on telly these days though.

I've just done the four hour marathon. I wasn't going to but realised I'm away for two weeks anyway so talked myself into it.

without ANY spoilers, does ep 2-4 get better?

A little bit, not greatly though

As mentioned a couple of people's stories are veering greatly from the books or swapping with others.

Some characters are still following them though.

For me the GOT Ladies are like Pokemon.

I'd happily catch them all. :)

Even Catelyn Stark. Nice bit of old.

Id pick Joffrey with a cross bow before I got to Brienne!

I completely don't care about Jon Snow.

That's one of the reasons I didn't like the last season very much, because he was a large focus of the plot. I find myself sighing with disappointment every time the Nights watch appear on the screen.

I was gutted when I started the infamous episode 9 and it was all about the Nights Watch. Yawn.

Because the show has completely mishandled him....he's not heroic or impressive at all.

A 5-10 main segment once a week doesn't allow the character to grow that much....the books really do.

The show hasnt mishandled him, they have just chosen to focus on some of the characters more, and change some of them to appeal to different tastes. 

The show is a different entity than the books.

I heard a random theory that likened Dany taking over Meereen to the US incursion of Iraq. Dany goes in saying I'm freeing you from your dictator and putting in a new system, disregarding your history and culture. Dany has nukes (dragons), the Meereenees don't. There's also the whole toppling of a massive statue similarity.

And now it looks like it could be going tits up

I reckon the plan is to have Tyrion mate with one of the dragons and sire a race of winged imps, morphing Danaerys into the wicked witch of the west.

• Like 1

I reckon the plan is to have Tyrion mate with one of the dragons and sire a race of winged imps, morphing Danaerys into the wicked witch of the west.

NO BOOK SPOILERS! !  :lol: 

• Like 2

POTENTIAL S5 Episode 9 SPOILER. DO NOT OPEN THE BOX IF YOU ARE NOT A BOOK READER

I assume Episode 9's big thing this season will be Dany getting married to Hizdar and the fun and games in the Fighting Pit leading to her being carried away by Drogon?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â