Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

MV, isn't it you who's been saying GoT has been shit since about season 2? :)

Ever since

ned stark

got killed its just been pants .....but you cant deny the last season and a half has been muck ...except for the odd episode ........tits and vag make it watchable 

I think Game of Thrones is strange in that in some places it's really good (the stuff involving the Lannisters and the Stark girls) and in other parts it's really bad and flat (guy with the sausage, Dragon Lady). It's almost like it's more than one program.

I think Game of Thrones is strange in that in some places it's really good (the stuff involving the Lannisters and the Stark girls) and in other parts it's really bad and flat (guy with the sausage, Dragon Lady). It's almost like it's more than one program.

New season, has to be done...

Ramsay-Snow.gif

Are you saying you find Sansa's storyline more interesting than Dany's? She has dragons and eunuchs for crying out loud! Sansa is boring, whiny and annoying.

• Like 3

Poor Sansa. How much shit can a girl be put through?

She'll out last them all, I bet.

she is not a likeable character though, even from episode 1 when she clearly would do anything to defend Joffrey even though he was picking on some kid

Yeah, she wanted to be the pampered princess from the get go, I'm not too concerned with what happens to her. There are very few characters I really give a crap about, actually. I root for Briene and Pod...

I also like the mercenary who was the dwarf's bodyguard

I'm putting it out there, the woman that played Robb Stark's wife over all.

You like a bit of Charlie Chaplin's granddaughter, huh

She's in her 20's and has a grandparent who would be nearly 130 if alive today? Impressive.

MV, isn't it you who's been saying GoT has been shit since about season 2? :)

Ever since

ned stark

got killed its just been pants .....but you cant deny the last season and a half has been muck ...except for the odd episode ........tits and vag make it watchable 

I wouldn't say muck, but the last season was certainly the poorest yet.

I just wondered why you bothered watching something for so long when you odn't like it. Every week you moan about it :D

It's like Drat in the Top Gear thread

I like the TV show but it is inherantly flawed because it has none of the depth or complexity of the books. (Not that they're perfect - books 4 and 5 are a complete grind and could have been one book) 10 x 45 minute episodes is simply not enough to do the characters and the plot justice. I'm wondering if the problem with TV is that it needs a central character to attach to - (there aren't may shows like this that rely on an ensemble without one obvious star (Downton Abbey maybe)) where as in GoT Martin pretty ruthlessly brutalises the reader/view by murdering everyone you love or putting them in weird side plots for a while. The books are a better medium for this approach because again, you get more time with the character. They've also up-aged most of the cast so that has an impact too.

Jon Snow is 15/16 IIRC, Arya is 9. Tommen is 8. Sansa 13/14 - it all has an effect on the characters because Jon Snow - Leader of the Nights Watch at 15 is much more impressive than Kit Harrington's version is able to be.

In terms of best seasons - for me it runs

I like the TV show but it is inherantly flawed because it has none of the depth or complexity of the books. (Not that they're perfect - books 4 and 5 are a complete grind and could have been one book) 10 x 45 minute episodes is simply not enough to do the characters and the plot justice. I'm wondering if the problem with TV is that it needs a central character to attach to - (there aren't may shows like this that rely on an ensemble without one obvious star (Downton Abbey maybe)) where as in GoT Martin pretty ruthlessly brutalises the reader/view by murdering everyone you love or putting them in weird side plots for a while. The books are a better medium for this approach because again, you get more time with the character. They've also up-aged most of the cast so that has an impact too.

Jon Snow is 15/16 IIRC, Arya is 9. Tommen is 8. Sansa 13/14 - it all has an effect on the characters because Jon Snow - Leader of the Nights Watch at 15 is much more impressive than Kit Harrington's version is able to be.

In terms of best seasons - for me it runs

I completely don't care about Jon Snow.

That's one of the reasons I didn't like the last season very much, because he was a large focus of the plot. I find myself sighing with disappointment every time the Nights watch appear on the screen. 

I was gutted when I started the infamous episode 9 and it was all about the Nights Watch. Yawn.

I like the TV show but it is inherantly flawed because it has none of the depth or complexity of the books. 

said every tv show / film ever

tbf the book would be too much for me if i hadnt watched series 1 first, too many characters, my missus is really struggling with some of the changes they've made, mondays episode for example

the embalming of the corpse

but for the amount of time that would take on screen to explain and play out how much would it actually add to the story?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â