Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

Contemplating getting the books don't really read though.

Sounds like a great idea... ;)

sounds like an awful idea.

they are a hard read even if you read a lot of books, for someone who doesnt really read, i think they'd be the worst book to read.

Not sure what it is. I just feel like this season has been really dragged out. We keep seeing snapshots of loads of different stories but not much seems to have actually happened.

Last night's episode was undoubtedly good, but it's still about a part of the story that I don't find particularly interesting to be quite honest. I'm sure it'll end up being a very important part of the story, but I'm much more interested in what's happening in Kings Landing and with Danaerys than I am about John Snow.

Dunno, just not that impressed by this season. I'd certainly rank it as the worst of the 4 so far (although still undoubtedly great TV)

totally agree with you. 

even though there has been some great standout moments, its not quite as good as S1-3.

still bloody brilliant compared to other stuff on TV though

True :D

If you're not a fan of reading I would give the audio books a go.

I read the books (print versions) to start with, but fancied a bit of a refresh recently and gave the audio books a go. Apart from some jarring accents (no fault of the narrator, they came out before the TV show) they are pretty decent.

True :D

If you're not a fan of reading I would give the audio books a go.

I read the books (print versions) to start with, but fancied a bit of a refresh recently and gave the audio books a go. Apart from some jarring accents (no fault of the narrator, they came out before the TV show) they are pretty decent.

Do they follow the books word to word or do they do their own version of it like LOTR?

Hold on the old blind guy is a targaryen

It would appear so, hard to tell because he's lost most his hair...

He was the second son of King Viserys II Targaryen and a member of the Kingsguard.

Nope, that was Aemon Targaryen I, who this Aemon - Aemon Targaryen II, third son of King Maekar Targaryen I - was named after. He was no knight of the Kingsguard, but through various happenings had the opportunity to ascend the throne, but he never did.

The fact that Maester Aemon is a Targaryen was revealed way back in season one when Jon Snow wanted to leave the Night's Watch to go and help his family. Maester Aemon talks to him and reveals his lineage because he understood his feelings as he wanted to do the same when Robert Baratheon started his rebellion to overthrow the Mad King Aerys Targaryen II (Maester Aemon's nephew's son, grand-nephew? I dunno) but he stayed where he was needed, and suggested Jon Snow do the same.

• Like 2

Book spoiler...

So if R+L=J the Maester Aemon is Jon's great great uncle?

Ha, why use J and then say Jon anyway?

:P

If you clicked on Wainy's initial spoiler and then my first one but don't want to go any further then avoid this next spoiler, though technically it is just speculation as nothing has been proved to be true in the books or the TV show. Just a warning though.

If what you say is true, Wainy, then it's like this:

Aemon is the older brother of Aegon V.

Aegon V's second son was Jaehaerys II, Aemon's nephew.

Jaehaerys II's eldest son was Aerys II (the Mad King Robert Baratheon overthrew and Jaime Lannister betrayed and murdered), Aemon's grand-nephew.

Aerys II eldest son was Rhaegar (who Robert Baratheon killed in combat at the ruby ford of the Trident river), making him Aemon's great-grand-nephew.

If Jon is his son, then that means he is Maester Aemon's great-great-grand-nephew if that's the way these things are named. Rhaegar was Viserys's and Dany's elder brother, meaning Dany is Jon's aunt.

Hope that clears it up a bit, but again, all of this is purely speculation. This is how it is in the books, I think. I think someone not to long ago mentioned the TV show skipped out a generation, so maybe it's different. Either way, Aemon is an uncle to Jon in some form.

Edited by Ginko

Absolutely loved yesterday's episode.  Felt like I was watching an epic.  I have loved this season to be honest. 

Not sure what it is. I just feel like this season has been really dragged out. We keep seeing snapshots of loads of different stories but not much seems to have actually happened.

Last night's episode was undoubtedly good, but it's still about a part of the story that I don't find particularly interesting to be quite honest. I'm sure it'll end up being a very important part of the story, but I'm much more interested in what's happening in Kings Landing and with Danaerys than I am about John Snow.

Dunno, just not that impressed by this season. I'd certainly rank it as the worst of the 4 so far (although still undoubtedly great TV)

I think that is very fair criticism of this season and a symptom of the fact they have started dicking with the narrative to fit the TV agenda. I'm pretty sure they wanted to s4e9 to echo s2e9 where they spent the whole time doing Blackwater. Trouble is, they have had to pad massively to delay the Battle of Castle Black to this episode but

Season 5 Spoiler

means that they still haven't fully paid off this story line at this point - personally I'd have ended the episode with Stannis rocking up and saving the day like they did with Tywin at Blackwater

That all being said, Neil Marshall is a genuis and the whole thing was fantastic to look at.

EPISODE 10 Spoiler (well not really but maybe) Don't open if you want to remain 100% pure

I do worry though about how much they have to cram into E10 next week though.

Tyrion

Tywin

Shae

Arya & the Hound

Dany

Stoneheart

Its going to be massive.

Absolutely loved yesterday's episode.  Felt like I was watching an epic.  I have loved this season to be honest. 

I think that is very fair criticism of this season and a symptom of the fact they have started dicking with the narrative to fit the TV agenda. I'm pretty sure they wanted to s4e9 to echo s2e9 where they spent the whole time doing Blackwater. Trouble is, they have had to pad massively to delay the Battle of Castle Black to this episode but

Season 5 Spoiler

means that they still haven't fully paid off this story line at this point - personally I'd have ended the episode with Stannis rocking up and saving the day like they did with Tywin at Blackwater

That all being said, Neil Marshall is a genuis and the whole thing was fantastic to look at.

EPISODE 10 Spoiler (well not really but maybe) Don't open if you want to remain 100% pure

I do worry though about how much they have to cram into E10 next week though.

Tyrion

Tywin

Shae

Arya & the Hound

Dany

Stoneheart

Its going to be massive.

Book/Next Ep spoiler

Stannis also comes to save the day in that ep as well as Bran meeting the tree dude ;) I don't think they'll do Stoneheart though, there's just too much to do.

Episode 10 spoiler.

I think the Stoneheart reveal will be the last shot of the season, probably with no explanation.

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 4

Episode 10 spoiler.

I think the Stoneheart reveal will be the last shot of the season, probably with no explanation.

Really hope so, that would be perfect and how I've always imagined it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â