Leicester City

Villan4Life

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Course they will. No team wants to see their team fail. 

Might just be me then as if we won the league I wouldn't care if we went down the following season.

Winning the league is a once in a lifetime moment, relegations are more frequent. Leicester fans seen I think 3 relegations in last 20 years and they'll probably go down again at some point in next 10 years.

• 2 weeks later...

He's have been stupid to leave tbh. It might work for Kante but to leave Leicester where he's a superstar to be another nobody at Arsenal he'd have been mad to. 

Edited by PaulC

I would imagine that he will have a new release clause in his contract and still wouldn't be surprised to see him off in Jan if Leicester go out of the champions league in the group stages and are mid table. As champions of england they go into pot 1 so may get lucky with their group but could still end up with something like atletico madrid, dynamo kiev & celtic

15 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

I would imagine that he will have a new release clause in his contract and still wouldn't be surprised to see him off in Jan if Leicester go out of the champions league in the group stages and are mid table. As champions of england they go into pot 1 so may get lucky with their group but could still end up with something like atletico madrid, dynamo kiev & celtic

he be cup-tied so he wouldnt be much use to teams in Champions League. I would also expect Leicester to qualify from that group ;)

He's 25, spend the year under relatively no pressure, enjoy the CL and the ACON and then get your mega money move

add in as others have said the role he plays for Leicester and how that would diminish elsewhere

its almost like Leicester have found footballers with actual career and life minded brains...apart from Danny drinkwater the idiot,my our have thought after being dropped by England for the euros he'd know how his breads buttered

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

its almost like Leicester have found footballers with actual career and life minded brains...apart from Danny drinkwater the idiot,my our have thought after being dropped by England for the euros he'd know how his breads buttered

I would say the opposite. If Mahrez/Vardy had a career brain, surely they'd leave? Vardy, especially, may not get another chance.

• Like 1

Go sit on arsenals bench and play a style of football that doesn't suit you? Or stay where you're comfortable for a silly amount of money anyway 

next season when they don't have CL they can both push for a move, like I said mahrez has got plenty of time

this year is pretty much a freebie for Leicester, relatively pressure free go out and enjoy yourself

• Like 4

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

He's 25, spend the year under relatively no pressure, enjoy the CL and the ACON and then get your mega money move

add in as others have said the role he plays for Leicester and how that would diminish elsewhere

Drinkwater is holding out for a better deal isn't he. Mahrez did the same. 

10 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

I would say the opposite. If Mahrez/Vardy had a career brain, surely they'd leave? Vardy, especially, may not get another chance.

I thought was a good point about Vardy on Sky earlier. Maybe he doesnt see Arsenal as a step up or title challengers its why he didnt join them. If Chelsea or United came in who arent in Champions League I think he might have re-considered

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Go sit on arsenals bench and play a style of football that doesn't suit you? Or stay where you're comfortable for a silly amount of money anyway 

next season when they don't have CL they can both push for a move, like I said mahrez has got plenty of time

this year is pretty much a freebie for Leicester, relatively pressure free go out and enjoy yourself

Why would he sit on the bench? And why would that style of football not suit him? He'd get a hell of a lot more of the ball and more intelligent players to link up with. It's not a given he wouldn't fit in there, in the slightest.

As for pushing for a move next year this is always a risk, not so much for Mahrez given his age as you've said although nothing is a given, but Vardy who's 30 in January. If he doesn't have another storming season it's quite likely he'll have lost the chance to play for a top club and the few years he would have had realistically challenging for silverware, and of course the extra money that comes with it.

Obviously from a fans perspective it does seem a refreshing change to see some 'loyalty' from players. But unless they personally believe they won't make it/fit in there and are happier being the big fish in the small pond so to speak, then I don't see how it's a good career move to stay at a much smaller club.

Â