Leicester City

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

i think give him end of season thats what I would have done anyway.!

And they'd have found themselves in the championship.

They've acted while they can still stay up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

If you play that title winning season 100 times, that team finish outside the top ten in 80 of them in my opinion. It was an absolute freak of a result, I think building on that team would have meant mid-table. Regardless of the natural position of the club, the natural position of that team is not in the top six, eight or ten of the Premier league, add age into that, especially in their two centre backs and it becomes a fairly big job to keep Leicester in a decent position.

This wasn't the best team in the league last season, it was the most confident, the luckiest, the least injured, there was alchemy, magic and something special in the results and the way things went - there wasn't quality all over the park. 

I don't disagree with any of this. 

They should have used the title win to build on and make the team better than it used to be.

But they're not mid table. They're looking set for relegation. They're as bad as they were before Ranieri came, despite having the success of a Premier League win to build with.

He's done a poor job this season, and the club had to act if they want to stay in the league.

I'm surprised at the amount of people who think relegation is acceptable regardless of what happened before. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

This wasn't the best team in the league last season, it was the most confident, the luckiest, the least injured, there was alchemy, magic and something special in the results and the way things went - there wasn't quality all over the park. 

Agree, looking back at some of the games and results of last season it really is incredible.

That Vardy volley goal against Liverpool for example, it's hard to explain how that was even possible looking at him now this season and the season before last.

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

No more mental than Rowett getting sacked for actually regularly winning games and getting a sub par squad pretty much in the top 6.

regularly? he won 1 in 4, its not earth shattering form

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm surprised at the amount of people who think relegation is acceptable regardless of what happened before. 

You're assuming they would've gone down under him. They weren't in the bottom 3 the day he was sacked. If they go down now, the decision will prove to be even more hilariously bad.

6 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

You're assuming they would've gone down under him. They weren't in the bottom 3 the day he was sacked. If they go down now, the decision will prove to be even more hilariously bad.

I'm assuming it because that's the reason he's been sacked. To protect them from relegation.

I accept they might not have gone down, but it's a distinct possibility because they are woefully bad in the league, and the club were acting to give the new guy time to save them.

If you could guarantee they'd stay up I'd wager the club wouldn't have sacked him.

If they go down now, the only thing that'll prove to be hilariously bad is the man they appoint to replace him.

Edited by Stevo985

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Leicester should be 4 up here. :crylaugh:

Sums up modern day Football this.

Players just down tools so easily because they know so many owners will just sack the manager when it happens.

Ys happened at Chelsea last season

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â