Missing planes

tonyh29

Hearing on Sky News a person giving a likelihood as to what had happened and it's not good news. He's saying that it's probably icing conditions which will result in the plane stalling and dropping and he said the chances of it landing safely on the sea is almost 0. All we can do is hope that they're all safe.

Sad news  :(

Like a lot of people on here who have spent time moving across Asia, i've used Air Asia multiple times (about 15 flights I think) and it always makes it feels worse when its a carrier I've been on. 

Very sad news. It'll be interesting to see the exact circumstances, particularly as they should having a better chance of finding something this time as they aren't scouring the entire Pacific, but between the Indonesian islands.

Any bids on conspiracy bingo this time? Was there some leftovers from some secret superweapon on board? Tape of what really happened to JFK? Evidence of the connection between David Icke, Roswell, the Bay of Pigs and David Kelly?

• Like 1

3 major plane crashes this year Darren and 1 of them was shot down by Russians

I'd imagine if you look at the number of flights this year that the odds are still good that you are going to make it to your destination ......

3 major plane crashes this year Darren and 1 of them allegedly was shot down by Pro Russians separatists

I'd imagine if you look at the number of flights this year that the odds are still good that you are going to make it to your destination ......

corrected in the interests of accuracy, but I have to agree with the sentiments of the rest of the post

... they should having a better chance of finding something this time as they aren't scouring the entire Pacific, but between the Indonesian islands.

That assumes it is where it is expected to be. Like with MH17, if it was anywhere near where it vanished it would have been (relatively) easily found.

• 1 month later...

Not quite a missing plane, but shocking footage of a crash in Taiwan

BBC article

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31125052

A plane carrying mostly Chinese tourists has crashed into a river in Taiwan, killing at least 31 people.

Dramatic video footage emerged showing the TransAsia Airways plane clipping a bridge as it came down shortly after take-off from a Taipei airport.

The plane, carrying 58 people, broke up as it plunged into Taipei's Keelung River. The fuselage was later salvaged by crane.

There were 15 survivors pulled from the wreckage but 12 people remain missing.

Television footage showed some passengers wading clear of the sunken wreckage and a toddler being pulled out alive by rescuers.

• 1 month later...

Awful. It seems that there has been a load in the last 18 months or so, but I'm sure its no more than any other time in history. I think it's because they are more recognisable carriers, if that makes sense?  Germawings, Air Asia and Malaysia (x2) - most people on here have probably flown with them at some point.

Talking of Air Asia did they ever come out and say what caused the crash ?

It's not really made me change my mind about flying but my recent 2 near misses and these seemingly more frequent crashes of late does make me start to think I should get a new hobby

Awful. It seems that there has been a load in the last 18 months or so, but I'm sure its no more than any other time in history. I think it's because they are more recognisable carriers, if that makes sense?  Germawings, Air Asia and Malaysia (x2) - most people on here have probably flown with them at some point.

its not that their more recognisable carriers its that news is more global and 24 hour news makes it easier to get the news as well especially with Twitter etc.

It's not really made me change my mind about flying but my recent 2 near misses and these seemingly more frequent crashes of late does make me start to think I should get a new hobby

"Tony's great train journeys", You could be the new Portillo  ;)

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â