Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

At minimum, I would say we need a new central midfielder to partner Delph. I'm a fan of Westwood, and KEA does a job, but neither of them influence a game consistently enough. If Vlaar doesn't go, we're fine at CB, and I don't mind seeing Richardson and Bacuna as our fullbacks, if it means we can spend more on the central midfielder. Thinking about it, I'd like a couple of loans too, incase some of our 'he should be okay' options are crap.

• Like 1

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/wigan-interested-in-aston-villas-aleksandar-tonev668/#

Reporting that Wigan, Montpellier and a few German clubs are interested in Tonev...

If there is still hope for his Aston Villa career, then Wigan would be the best option as he remains in the country and gets more experience of English football. If there isn't and he is being loaned out purely to attract a buyer next summer then Germany would be preferable (assuming they are Bundesliga clubs of course).

Edited by Isa

Tonev if they see a future for him then playing in England best for him 

If he does go on loan only leaves Bacuna and Kozak from last summers buys doesn't it ...

Okore is still here I hope.

:P

I knew I'd miss someone 

Montpellier would be a step up from us. Can't see that happening.

Finished 15th in the French League...

Were Champions a year or two ago. Maybe he's their replacement for Belhanda.

Yeah, and a few years ago pompey were winning the FA cup.

My speculation is that we will now be removing players from the payroll and not adding new ones

Yippee. Some more positive speculation to keep the positive aura around the club.

Well I'm hoping that the ones leaving will be the likes of Luna and Tonev as opposed to Vlaar and/or Delph.

If he does go on loan only leaves Bacuna and Kozak from last summers buys doesn't it ...

It's hard to find quality players on a small budget. Kozak, Bacuna and Okore all see to be good buys. Luna and Tonev, not so much, but what do you expect? 

My speculation is that we will now be removing players from the payroll and not adding new ones

Yippee. Some more positive speculation to keep the positive aura around the club.

Well I'm hoping that the ones leaving will be the likes of Luna and Tonev as opposed to Vlaar and/or Delph.

Well while I'm not hoping they leave I am hoping he can generate some cash to bring players in.

If that happens then we might as well give up now and wait for the impending relegation. 

It's hard to find quality players on a small budget. Kozak, Bacuna and Okore all see to be good buys. Luna and Tonev, not so much, but what do you expect? 

Thats the point though , we spent pennies and they weren't good enough so they were a waste of time and money (however little it was)

Lerner is in a timewarp where is thinks we can survive as a Prem League team on a 90's budget.

If that happens then we might as well give up now and wait for the impending relegation. 

welcome to my world