The Cheltenham Festival 2014 Thread

AvfcRigo82

As i've said before, it appeared to me to be a poor festival in the quality of the renewals. We are in that period where a lot of the big name horses have retired or are injured. I guess its time for a new batch to come forward.

The first three home in the Gold Cup were all fairly nondescript horses. The big two in the field, Bobs Worth and Silviniaco Conti, both faded, Last Instalment fell and the renewal wasn't helped by not having Long Run, Sir Des Champs, First Lieutenant and Flemenstar in the field. Plus the glory days of Kauto Star and Denman are long gone! There just seems to be a lack of quality out there.

The Champion Chase, won superbly by Sire De Grugy but how would be have fared if Sprinter Sacre, Simonsig or Cue Card were in the field? Solwhit wasn't there to defend his World Hurdle and the Champion Hurdle was disappointing in what happened to Our Conor. I think The New One may have won if he wasn't impeded. Also, Hurricane Fly looked well beaten and is that his reign over? Also, Big Bucks has been retired after being well beaten in the World Hurdle.

As i've said before, it appeared to me to be a poor festival in the quality of the renewals. We are in that period where a lot of the big name horses have retired or are injured. I guess its time for a new batch to come forward.

The first three home in the Gold Cup were all fairly nondescript horses. The big two in the field, Bobs Worth and Silviniaco Conti, both faded, Last Instalment fell and the renewal wasn't helped by not having Long Run, Sir Des Champs, First Lieutenant and Flemenstar in the field. Plus the glory days of Kauto Star and Denman are long gone! There just seems to be a lack of quality out there.

The Champion Chase, won superbly by Sire De Grugy but how would be have fared if Sprinter Sacre, Simonsig or Cue Card were in the field? Solwhit wasn't there to defend his World Hurdle and the Champion Hurdle was disappointing in what happened to Our Conor. I think The New One may have won if he wasn't impeded. Also, Hurricane Fly looked well beaten and is that his reign over? Also, Big Bucks has been retired after being well beaten in the World Hurdle.

Very much a lack of quality and was a festival without a superstar.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â