The Boring Thread

Spoony

A floorboard on the way to my kitchen has started squeaking today. I guess that’s something I’ll have to get used to.

*goes to make a cup of tea*

SQUEAK

*comes back with the cup of tea*

SQUEAK

*goes back to get a digestive*

SQUEAK

*comes back with a digestive*

SQUEAK

It’s probably only going to get worse. 

A squeak probably isn’t the best description of it to be honest, it’s more of a “NER-HER”. Is that more of a creak?

I'm enjoying my week in Egham (that word originally auto-corrected to Ethan). I figured this didn't warrant a new thread in the travel forum. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Only just learnt that there are two interpretations to what “FTFY” means   ?

Fixed that for you.  What's the other one?

17 minutes ago, BOF said:

Fixed that for you.  What's the other one?

“**** that **** you” is what I thought it meant. 

Looking at it again, it seems like it’s just other idiots like me who assumed it was an abusive term rather than the actual “fixed that for you”.

On the plus side, it means that people are slightly nicer than I initially thought.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

“**** that **** you” is what I thought it meant. 

Looking at it again, it seems like it’s just other idiots like me who assumed it was an abusive term rather than the actual “fixed that for you”.

On the plus side, it means that people are slightly nicer than I initially thought.

There should have been a clue, in that it always follows an altered version of the post being quoted. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

There should have been a clue, in that it always follows an altered version of the post being quoted. Shropshire Lad is sexy.

Yes that’s true, but I don’t tend to re-read the quoted post, I just sort see what post is being quoted and think “oh yeah I know what this poster thinks of Bruce and this other poster has playfully replied with ‘FTFY’.”

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I just sort see what post is being quoted and think “oh yeah I know what this poster thinks of Bruce and this other poster has playfully replied with ‘FTFY’.”

Seems you've a lot of very funny old posts to re-read then :) 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I purchased two boxes of plasters this morning, one normal and one for blisters. I can't find the blister plasters anywhere, which is annoying because I actually have (two!) blisters, and no cuts or other wounds. 

They're in that place you left them. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â