André Green

sir_gary_cahill

Probably still the most impressive thing about him is that even though he has been in and around the first team for a while now, he's still only a year and a half older than our youngest U23 or reserve player this season.  Green @ 18y223d versus Jacob Bedeau @ 17y72d.

Green will be very important over the next few years.  It's no wonder the likes of Arsenal & Liverpool were sniffing around him last year when it was clear we were on our way down.

Arsenal and Liverpool are monitoring Aston Villa winger Andre Green. 

The 17-year-old made his first-team debut against Tottenham last month and has impressed scouts from Premier League rivals. 

Several were in attendance to watch him play for Villa Under-21s against West Brom this week.

The teenager has been at the Midlands club since the age of nine, and broke into the Under-21 side two years ago.

He was first brought into the first team squad at the end of last season, before making his first appearance against Spurs in March.

• Like 3

I think he has a big future. Keep forgetting he is just 18 and still learning. Could already have had 2 or 3 goals as well!

If / when he adds a scoring touch to his game it will be hard for us to keep hold of him. He does the things that top clubs like in the modern game in that he tracks back without fail

6 hours ago, av1 said:

Been at this fantastic club for 10 years & hearing you all sing my name is very special to me so Thankyou 3 points!!!!!!

<3

That is beautiful. We've been through so much shit, but things like that make up for it a bit. Wonderful.

5 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

A very good, positive contribution tonight and I was desperately sorry for him that his shot, a real beau, didn't go in. Even more sorry for him that he had to struggle off the pitch. Fingers crossed we get to see more from him sooner rather than later.

With an unknown injury now having hit Gardner (is it that bad???) and now with Green injured for a while, that red card for Bacuna is really starting to show how stupid and damaging it really was for the team... no?

Looked more like an arrow to me mate! ;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

yeah its not like grealish has beat a man and stuck one in the top corner from outside the box, not even in the last minute to win a game or anything...

How many appearances has he had in comparisons to green?

Answer that. And how many of those games has he put performances like greenade did yesterday?

Edited by Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

How many appearances has he had in comparisons to green?

Answer that. And how many of those games has he put performances like greenade did yesterday?

why does a kid whos played 6 times for us and not really done anything yet apart from having a good game last night have to become a criticism of another player?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

why does a kid whos played 6 times for us and not really done anything yet apart from having a good game last night have to become a criticism of another player?

Why is other players can get critised but when it's grealish people get so defensive?

Greenade for me looks the real deal to me and I think he is going to be  bigger star for us the grealish

because i think at times grealish got the very shitty end of the stick, hes not the world beating superstar that the fans believed he would be, he's not the role model shirt selling marketing tool that the club want him to be, then you throw in how shit we've been as a team and how many different managers have tried to use him in different ways

the irony being after one good game green is now the real deal and going to be a superstar...if 2/3 years time if he's fallen short of expectations i'll defend him too

give this kid a chance, see what making him a millionaire does, wait and see if he cracks under the pressure, then make a judgement

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Keep playing him. He has done well in pretty much every appearance he has made this season. Hopefully Green's success pushed Grealish to also step up. 

Fun fact (now that I've developed this gnarly tool).  We've only won one game this season in which both Green and Grealish have featured.  That was Rotherham (and Green was 3rd sub).  The other 9 were 6 defeats and 3 draws.  They've only started 1 game together (v PNE 2-2).

1 hour ago, BOF said:

You took a positive performance from one player and immediately turned it into a negative about another player.  Your criticism was unnecessary and badly timed IMHO.

I don't agree. But this is what the forum is about differing views :)

i feel greens taking his opportunities and showing a lot if guts and heart. Can't say the same about grealish. 

Greenade is going to be a top player I think

Just now, Demitri_C said:

i feel greens taking his opportunities and showing a lot if guts and heart. Can't say the same about grealish. 

Personally, I think both can play in the same team, most likely with Grealish playing centrally and Green on the wing, although I think they can interchange. I think the link play and potential of those 2 in the same team is frightening. I don't think Grealish should be overlooked, he still has great potential himself

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm starting to really like this kid, and in the beginning I was skeptical as I saw nothing special.

It's a bit "slutty" of everyone to start comparing him to Grealish and slating Jack.

I would suggest they are different types of player.

Grealish is more of a number 10 Villa have been trying to make a winger.

Green is a proper winger.

And Green doesn't go to ground ever 5 minutes.

but Grealish is only young too and much time to prove his worth......but he now has competition.

:)

Edited by TRO

8 hours ago, LancsVillan said:

If / when he adds a scoring touch to his game it will be hard for us to keep hold of him. He does the things that top clubs like in the modern game in that he tracks back without fail

Cough cough Thierry Henry? 

The potential is enormous. Hope the lad goes all the way and doesn't falter like so many we have had in the past. 

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

But the same could be said about Grealish when he first started playing. He certainly was doing it on a bigger stage. 

I don't get why Grealish needs stick because Green is looking good. 

Can't we be pleased that for the first time in a long time we've got 2 really promising villa fans in the squad. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â