Grant Holt

samjp26

I was happy for Grant on Saturday given the disgusting abuse he has received from a few people (who should not be called Villa supporters), well deserved big man.

You're very quick to say that people aren't Villa supporters, you've done it a lot lately.  Must be nice to be so perfect.

He has a point here, we have a lot of so called fans who seem to like giving abuse to our own players. Its pretty stupid really, I mean Tonev got booed by some when he came on.

• Like 1

I find it amazing how people bring in McLeish into debates to make their point valid. None of us wanted McLeish as manager, one his previous ties, second he was a poor manager and just generally not a fit for AVFC. I don't see this we should apply McLeish logic to every player/manager to try and score points. It's quite frankly pathetic.

So are there any other rules we need to follow to be considered "real fans"? Good to see we got someone who see him self as a bit better and a righteous enough to decide whos a real fan or not.

Am I not allowed to have an opinion on the personal abuse? Maybe I should just keep quiet and accept Villa players being unjustly abused? You might accept vile behaviour like that son, but I am certainly not going to. I do not consider posters, who personally abuse their own players on non-footballing reasons, as supporters. It is totally wrong.

Please keep abusive thoughts to yourself, I (and many others) don't wish to read them. Maybe, oh I don't know, you could then try to produce an objective argument instead.

You are allowed to have a view on anything you want, but just because you think its unjust it doesnt mean that its the absolute trouth and everyone else is wrong. I doubt theres anyone whos taken the time to find this place that isnt a villa fan, and telling them what they are and arent based on your own morals, views and use of the english language is pretty harsh.

And then you try belitelling people by calling them son?

You dont think saying that someone isnt a villa fan because they dont act as yourself can be seen as abusive? Rude?

You want them to keep their views to themselves but your happy to spout out your own.

One good match does not a good player make. I havent really seen anything worse than people calling him fat or garbage, which i both think is correct and based on personal opinions, there is no absolute right and im happy to hear people say he is world class, i wont sit and tell them they are not proper fans or that they should be quiet because it doesnt fit in with my view.

Maybe you should take a look at kwans suggestion. With a couple of days worths of clicks you will soon have a forum where you all agree with each others and your views doesnt differ a bit.

Hopefully helenius will be fit to replace him soon

• Like 1

I find it amazing how people bring in McLeish into debates to make their point valid. None of us wanted McLeish as manager, one his previous ties, second he was a poor manager and just generally not a fit for AVFC. I don't see this we should apply McLeish logic to every player/manager to try and score points. It's quite frankly pathetic.

Agreed. It's pretty strange to bring a former manager into a debate about a loan player that will only have been here for half a season and appeared in only a handful of games, many of them from the bench.

It's not hypocritical at all bj - most people give credit where its due.

No that's not what I'm saying. He deserved credit he played well.

My point was when we beat Chelsea there was no one making a fuss of the abuse McLeish had received prior to that. It seems some things only apply when its a player or manager liked.

My worry is that with Benteke out we may offer holt a yrs contract. Now I've been critical of the signing but have openly admitted he had a good game sat. But it doesn't mean I want him to be here longer than this season.

• Like 1

I don't see it. I also don't see Benteke leaving this summer now after the injury

Well he (holt) was brought in as back up to Benteke because Kozak was injured. However, we'll be starting the season without Benteke so if Kozak will be first choice surely a back up will still be needed? I'd like to think we'd have better options but I wouldn't rule out holt staying

My worry is that with Benteke out we may offer holt a yrs contract. Now I've been critical of the signing but have openly admitted he had a good game sat. But it doesn't mean I want him to be here longer than this season.

I don't understand where this has come from? It seems to be based purely on the fact that he and Lambert have a past relationship. Kozak should be back by then so if anybody will be replacing Benteke temporarily it'll be him. I think it's highly unlikely that we'll sign Holt permanently.

Here's hoping he picks up where he left off. I wouldn't be averse to have him.for another season if he scores goals and proves that he's decent backup. He could be a good tutor for tekkers and Kozak too as he seems to use his experience a lot when he's playing.

I don't see it. I also don't see Benteke leaving this summer now after the injury

Well he (holt) was brought in as back up to Benteke because Kozak was injured. However, we'll be starting the season without Benteke so if Kozak will be first choice surely a back up will still be needed? I'd like to think we'd have better options but I wouldn't rule out holt staying

But Holt was also brought in as a quick fix option. Rather than go out and find a whole new player, I assume Lambert got Holt because he knew he was available for a loan, he'd worked with him before and new what he could do.

It was an easy signing.

I would hope that with the notice he's got that we may need a short term option while Benteke is out, he'd be able to source a better option than Holt for next season.

That is assuming, of course, that Holt doesn't have a stormer for the rest of the season. That could persuade him to keep him on. But I can't see it.

I can't see Holt being kept on.

I wouldn't rule it out but it's unlikely. 

I wouldnt want Holt tracking our strikers anything..

Assuming autocorrect was on and you meant teaching - why not?

In westy's interview on AVTV he speaks of how good it's been to have the extra experience of Holt in training and in the changing room.

But yeah he's fat, get rid yeah! :rolleyes:

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â