Grant Holt

samjp26

Lambert just wanted him on the payroll I think. We started the season off with a fast pace attacking team. We have ended up with hoofball, trying to park the bus and Holt????

Yep the plan was defo to injure both our main strikers and bring Holt in.

• Like 3

The signing of Holt was the exact day it became obvious Lambert had lost sense of what was needed.

Nah.

While it's obviously lovely to see you following me around again, care to explain why the 'nah'?

Despite the hopes, this signing did not work. He's been poor on the pitch and perhaps the efforts could have gone into signing the central defender we did need.

It was his 'heskey' signing. MON signed Heskey and we all started to question him, where as Lambert signed Holt despite having a fully fit Benteke and Helenius available.

The fact that Lambert has barely used Holt says it all. If he thought he could still do it at this level he'd have started more games.

He's been as useless a signing as most sensible folk predicted. Bugger all contribution on the pitch, and his real man persona doesn't seem to be doing much in the changing room.

• Like 3

It does have the hallmarks of a "jobs for the lads" signing. I'll immediately retract all criticism when he scores a brace against Hull, though :D

A bit like Lambert's brother-in-law. Good compensation was paid to bring him here. He came with the fancy, yet vague, 'Head of football operations' title and yet he turns out just to be a "bibs and cones" guy.

Lambert just wanted him on the payroll I think. We started the season off with a fast pace attacking team. We have ended up with hoofball, trying to park the bus and Holt????

I think the point is that there must have been better strikers out there that we could have signed on loan.

Completely pointless signing has offered F all and nothing that Helenius or Robinson could have done instead and saved the wages.

It does have the hallmarks of a "jobs for the lads" signing. I'll immediately retract all criticism when he scores a brace against Hull, though :D

A bit like Lambert's brother-in-law. Good compensation was paid to bring him here. He came with the fancy, yet vague, 'Head of football operations' title and yet he turns out just to be a "bibs and cones" guy.

I reckon they will all resurface at whatever football backwater Lambert crops up next. He looks after his mates.

Holt was only bought in to be Lameduck's eyes and ears in the dressing room. The players don't exactly rate him, apparently.

but he was a world class "bibs and cones" guy. we wont get a better replacement

• Like 1

but he was a world class "bibs and cones" guy. we wont get a better replacement

Tbh, no other bibs-and-cones guy could have done better given the resources. 

• Like 1

I think the point is that there must have been better strikers out there that we could have signed on loan.

There wasn't and certainly not one who knew the remit of probably sitting on the bench for 6 months unless Benteke snapped his achilles....

There wasn't and certainly not one who knew the remit of probably sitting on the bench for 6 months unless Benteke snapped his achilles....

Better with no one. He had Helenius, or Robinson, or Weimann up front. All better options than Holt. I am embarrassed when he comes on.

• Like 2

Better with no one. He had Helenius, or Robinson, or Weimann up front. All better options than Holt. I am embarrassed when he comes on.

Yes me too

This signing was only ever going to go one way.

Fair play to Lambert for persuading the board to let him sign his man, those candid pictures of Faulkner in a maids dress sure have come in handy

Edited by sne

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â