Grant Holt

samjp26

Did enough to suggest he can a decent understudy for Benteke.

Held the ball up, worked hard, looked composed and didn't panic on the ball - which helped our midfield who normally lose their heads....

If he can play that every week, I'd sign him and give a 2-3 year deal. He's never been a quick player so getting older shouldn't really affect his game. Like I said when he signed, he could become a Kevin Davies type player for us....

Held the ball up, worked hard, looked composed and didn't panic on the ball - which helped our midfield who normally lose their heads....

If he can play that every week, I'd sign him and give a 2-3 year deal. He's never been a quick player so getting older shouldn't really affect his game. Like I said when he signed, he could become a Kevin Davies type player for us....

2-3 year deal for a 33 year old? Not a chance. He's fine for the rest of the season, but no more after that. Next year is when Helenius needs to start getting in there

• Like 1

I'm very happy you don't have to make these decisions

Apart from that one move, the team played well but he was very average, very indeed... Would have made more sense bringing Helenius on!

Sorry, i don't get why all the plaudits folks when he did one thing of note, nowhere near good today

I am prepared give him a chance like all players, but i don't think he is the answer to our attack. Sorry

Edited by Villan4Life

He did well. Held the ball up well and showed some nice little touches to bring others into play. Wouldn't have been my first choice to have come on for Gabby but fair play to Lambert it was probably the right choice.

Edited by markavfc40

I thought he was 50/50 but give the guy a chance lol!... He did waste a couple of situations with what appeared to be rusty thinking but i think he'll be fine once he's up to speed again.. Lack of sharpness i'd say which is gonna happen when your playing in the Championship compared to the Premier... He'll get better and be ok for us i reckon.

I notice the fat jokes have stopped...

Of course he's stopped, the game is over ;)

Not really a made replacement for Gabby but worked hard and that's what you ask for.

A good unexpected point which he played his part in.

Very fair comment, and I walked into that one really!

• Like 1

Can't really fault him today, other than I feel he was the wrong option. Our pace was causing them all sorts of problems, I feel that with Albrighton and Luna on the bench they would have been better options to keep them scared (Luna going to left back and Bertrand pushing up the pitch). 

He did alright though, obviously he wasn't as quick as Gabby and looked rusty but his touch was surprisingly good, and a lovely little flick to Delph to create a big chance. And seeing as we didn't lose the game, he obviously did his job as an attacking threat and didn't do anything wrong.

7/10 for a first appearance. Can't really say he did anything wrong, and he was better than I expected.

I'm very happy you don't have to make these decisions

Hope he does well, and we sign him and he scores regularly.

How anyone can argue with a comment which says - they guy played well, and if he continues to play like that then we should sign him - is beyond me.

If he plays well and scores goals, why should/would we let him go? Surely keeping him in that situation would be better than signing another unproven youngster. Holt showed more today than Bowery and (arguably) Helenius have.

Also, if they guy is doing well, we should keep him anyway so the inexperienced guys aren't thrown in deep end like last year, and they have someone other than Gabby and Vlaar to learn from.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â