Grant Holt

samjp26

Needs to get through a medical yet which looking at the state of him is no guarantee.

If he was a midnight deadline day, under the radar signing as back-up after we had signed a few players of the sort of quality we need I and others probably wouldn't be too upset.  At the minute I would hope his priorities are elsewhere.

Incidentally he really must not rate Helenius.

At first I reacted like many others on here, though, not as strongly, but then I thought about it and it makes sense. He's not by any means an overwhelming loan, but it's just for 4 months of action to cover for a similar player who's out injured. A short term solution. 

Fair enough, that's the most logical conclusion, but using the same logic, do you believe we'll get a cover for Okore finally? 

I he s. Vlaar is a bit injury prone, isn't he? And Baker gets injured from time to time. So we could do with another short term loan for tha position. Though, in that case I hope he's fitter than Holt is atm. :)

Needs to get through a medical yet which looking at the state of him is no guarantee.

If he was a midnight deadline day, under the radar signing as back-up after we had signed a few players of the sort of quality we need I and others probably wouldn't be too upset.  At the minute I would hope his priorities are elsewhere.

Or sees Helenius as a different type.

As to the timing I'm afraid you cant legislate for that in transfer deals.  They depend on so much more than us making a bid that you cannot put them in a specific order or think,  "I'll leave him until I've signed him and the other one"  FFS having a go at the timing of it,  when in essence whether he signed him now or after two others is a bit petty.  It's still the same player!

• Like 4

Or sees Helenius as a different type.

As to the timing I'm afraid you cant legislate for that in transfer deals.  They depend on so much more than us making a bid that you cannot put them in a specific order or think,  "I'll leave him until I've signed him and the other one"  FFS having a go at the timing of it,  when in essence whether he signed him now or after two others is a bit petty.  It's still the same player!

Could have worded that better. I don't see what he is going to add or that he is a priority signing. If PL wants another striker fair enough and I have no objectons when they sign, the sooner the better of course. But is Holt the best striker we can get on loan?

Whether he sees Helenius as a different player or not he has not shown at all that he rates him.  A couple of cup starts and once or twice off the bench shows that.

At present in terms of strikers we've only got Gabby and Benteke at the club.

Kozak injured,

Weimann's form equates to an injury he's been that bad.

Helenius either isn't ready or is not a striker

Bowery hasn't impressed for whatever reason.

Holt makes sense an experienced head, a proven goal scorer (* yes I know we have a certain Mr Bent on loan at present) who has worked with the manager before and who is clearly trusted to do the job.

I'm neither excited nor horrified by his loan deal - its a pragmatic solution to a particular problem. Nothing more.

Edited by Eames
  • Like 2

I can understand the logic, but this signing still makes me sad. I accept we are now a club that has to rifle through the trash for scraps but I hate that it has come to this.

To add to the list of underwhelming signings from the past: Hassan Kachloul and Eirik Bakke.

He probably does rate Helenuis - just doesn't want to rely on a very young striker week in / week out - Think NH will come into his own next season.

Can't beleive People don't think this is a good VFM move. Just wish we could do a similar deal for an experienced CB

Welcome Grant ..........Hero of the Holte...

This was a potential signing 2.5 yrs ago. I was happy to see him come then but on reflection glad he didnt.

Holt was a bone of contention even then, he wouldn't have been an amazing signing then either. Now considering Lambert has been here for the same length of time you'd think we'd have moved on from signing someone who has actually declined from an average player to one that struggles in the Championship.

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/6629-speculation-ended-grant-holt-re-signs-norwich/

Key word there 'Championship'  - his best season was in the prem ..........errr where we play......

This was a potential signing 2.5 yrs ago. I was happy to see him come then but on reflection glad he didnt.

Holt was a bone of contention even then, he wouldn't have been an amazing signing then either. Now considering Lambert has been here for the same length of time you'd think we'd have moved on from signing someone who has actually declined from an average player to one that struggles in the Championship.

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/6629-speculation-ended-grant-holt-re-signs-norwich/

Key word there 'Championship'  - his best season was in the prem ..........errr where we play......

Errr 2 years ago errrr probably under a stiffer training regime. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â