Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

He is very underrated. The Norwich fans love him (and Norwich fans are pretty sound). They seem to be saying they don't want him to leave so should be asking around £5m. Obvi £5m is insane but I imagine £1.5m isn't going to be enough.

The same Norwich fans who told us Lambert was some sort of tactical genius?

Why wouldn't they? Consecutive promotions from League 1 to Championship to Premiership to 11th place.

• Like 1

He is very underrated. The Norwich fans love him (and Norwich fans are pretty sound). They seem to be saying they don't want him to leave so should be asking around £5m. Obvi £5m is insane but I imagine £1.5m isn't going to be enough.

If Lambert had have done what he did for Norwich at Villa I'd think he's a genius too.

If you were a Norwich fan when they were in the first division, and then Lambert comes to your club and wins you back-to-back promotions, would you not think he's the dogs danglys? 

Edited by PieFacE

Underwhelming. Feels like a step backwards. I would sooner have another young player who is a bit of an unknown and can grow into the club and league.

Anyway probably it wont matter, we are the last club Norwich will sell anybody to. In the case that is a good thing and we can move on to more attractive transfer targets.

Hughton signed Leroy Fer in the summer so hopefully he doesn't mind letting Hoolahan go. Fingers crossed although he has been quoted as saying there will be no players leaving Norwich in this transfer window.

If Lambert had have done what he did for Norwich at Villa I'd think he's a genius too.

If you were a Norwich fan when they were in the first division, and then Lambert comes to your club and wins you back-to-back promotions, would you not think he's the dogs danglys?

No I agree, he probably did seem good tactically there. I was saying it sarcastically because he hasn't shown that while here. I probably should've added a winkey or something.

• Like 1

I put forward this possible transfer last season and was told he was too old.

One year on and now he's being welcomed.

Anyway would be delighted if we signed him as he would give us a better balance in midfield and he would be a snip at 1.5m on acceptable wages.

• Like 2

FFS not the kind of signing I expected or wanted. A lot of Norwich fans on Twitter are saying that CH should be sacked if he lets WH go for 1.5m. If you're going to raid a fellow relegation rival for an ACM it would have to be Snodgrass or Bannan, only joking, it would be Snodgrass.

Edited by Avflife

FFS not the kind of signing I expected or wanted. A lot of Norwich fans on Twitter are saying that CH should be sacked if he lets WH go for 1.5m. If you're going to raid a fellow relegation rival for an ACM it would have to be Snodgrass or Bannan, only joking, it would be Snodgrass.

Snodgrass is not an attacking midfielder. Hes a winger and has been having a bad season this year but looked good last season tbf.

One of my best mates out here is a big Norwich fan, here's how he responded to my text about this possible signing this morning;

"Keep your filthy brummy hands off him! :) Better than anything you've got IMO. Started the last 2 for us and was class against UTD. If we sell him we're **** idiots."

I hope it happens and agree it would be a good signing.

Hoolahan is a waste of money imo. He may be great for a season or two at best. No resale value at all. When we need experience players you get them 26-28 years old. Hes almost 32 already. Defour would represent better value for money and re sale value. I cant see us getting both. We need a strong DM alongside either Hoolahan or Defour.

I guess its just the level we have to expect now due to Randy Lerner.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â