Lambert......the plan.....the future

Hairyhands

And we only owe Lerner over £100 million to be that much worse.

Lucky us.

No. We owe him £100m to be that much better, but you need to have followed the thread to understand what I mean.

Quite a squad that. Arguably a better team the following season with Dunne and Collins at the back.

I think fans covering boos during the game is more to do with the fact we need points and need to get behind the team during the game.

I would imagine that a good portion of those that covered up boos joined in at the end of the game.

We needed points under McLeish, and the boos weren't covered.

I think there's a difference between in-game behaviour and opinion on an ongoing basis - I like that the support has got behind the team in the main during the last couple of games, the booing and other stuff has largely been left to the final whistle. I think that's how it should be, I think that's good support.

I'm not sure it's the best way to grade how much of the support the manager has. Personally, I'd stick with him.

I agree it's not the best way to grade how much support the manager has, but, it hit me as a possible change in attitudes towards recent underperforming managers.

I've been in the Holte since O'Neill was here, and under Houllier, McLeish and Lambert we've heard booing in the Holte. Never before have I heard the Holte roar so instantly to cover booing.

Maybe a lot of fans are starting to feel that booing mid-game is counter productive, or maybe, just maybe, it's an indication that people are trying to cover the discontent with a hope that Lambert will be able to turn it all around.

Judging by the forums and Twitter, I'd say it is about 50/50 now between those wanting him in and out.

I disagree.

Against Swansea, around the 60th minute, some fans started to boo. Within seconds of that, a huge chant of 'Villa, Villa, Villa' drowned them out. 5-10 minutes later it happened again. A backpass to the keeper (or something equally irrelevant but somehow disgraceful) caused more boos, and again the Holte roared in their support, to cover the boos again.

That was my biggest indication, to date, that Lambert still has the majority on his side.

We were chanting, not to spur the players on, but to cover the boos and stop any loss of confidence that it could have caused to the team.

There are plenty of fans concerned at the goings on but who will never boo.... I'm one of them.

Do you want Lambert out then?

I think there are plenty of fans who are concerned, yet also think that changing the manager isn't our best option. I'm one of them.

Thanks for the post HH. I cant deny the club has changed and to have our ambition level so clearly laid out is a bit depressing.

I like Lambert, I think he is doing a good job but Lerner has decided Aston Villa is a club which right now can hope for mid table safety rather than trying to win things. To be fair to him he has forked out a lot of cash so I do not blame him at all.

But the truth is, many of us fans have grown up seeing ourselves in a different light. As a club which should be aiming to win the league, not just survive in it. Many of us expect our club to be playing some of the best football in the country by dominating other teams, not celebrating a fortuitous counterattacking win.

The current direction takes some getting used to , I hope, in the future that our ambition will change upward again.

And he could in his earlier years do a very good impression of author Jeanette Winterson

jeanettewintersonmartin.jpg

Well, Oranges they're great fruit but, perhaps, maybe, if you're maybe looking for something else then, as long as there's a deal possible, it may be the case that there are other fruit available, at the right price, if, you know, we all want to do business.

Edited by snowychap

And we only owe Lerner over £100 million to be that much worse.

Lucky us.

No. We owe him £100m to be that much better, but you need to have followed the thread to understand what I mean.

Quite a squad that. Arguably a better team the following season with Dunne and Collins at the back.

Sorry i looked at the wrong squad. My post can apply to the post regarding the final squad under DOL.

I'll say again. Lucky us eh? To owe the owner that much money and the last two years have been worse than Doug's final year.

Bradford and Millwall? 

Not even comparable, we were totally outplayed that night, it was a joke. Bradford was disappointing because it was the Semi-Finals but you could appreciate there was some effort being shown by the players.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Bradford and Millwall?

Not even comparable, we were totally outplayed that night, it was a joke. Bradford was disappointing because it was the Semi-Finals but you could appreciate there was some effort being showed by the players.
Haha Bradford was over 2 legs. That's so much worse.

And sorry but how is losing to lower league teams in cup competitions not comparable. That's really clutching at straws in a very desperate manner.

Edited by Big_John_10
  • Like 2