Lambert......the plan.....the future

Hairyhands

Imo i think lambert should get 2of these in on loan Fabio or raphael from manure. Lescott or rodwell from citeh. Stephen taylor newcadtle. I think lambert should bring hutton back for a try cant be worse than the other fullbacks. I also put abid in for dembele or sygarsen from spuds.

Can't tell if you're being serious.

• Like 1

So the basis of most people who are stubbornly supporting Lambert is that if he was given loads of money then things would be different. Surely then all that is proving is that Lambert is a pretty shit coach and relies on buying success? I thought he was supposed to be a leading manager? If that is the case then why is the dross football of the past 18months now becoming the norm and to be accepted?

You see it does not make sense when the reality is there for all to see. Lambert is a poor manager, the coaching staff he brought in you could argue have had a negative effect. The time is here and now for villa to admit that lambert is a mistake and to rid ourselves of him and the clueless entourage he has around him.

That's not my point at all. Yes, I believe he needs better players of course he does, but I think the difference is I believe Lambert has much more to offer, whereas one could assume that your belief is that he's peaked?
I appreciate the concern HH has towards us and the bit of enlightenment he has served us with. I believe he comes with every good intention and I have no reason to doubt his word...but

....are we not important enough for an official statement to be made and a tangible plan presented to us, that we may be able to refer back to in the future.

I am not after a witch hunt, but we have simply had too many false dawns, where previous managers have been laughing at us all the way to the bank.

It is very noble and considerate of HH to come on here and add a bit of clarity to the situation, but a guys job is at stake and a football club the size of aston villa is coming under so many questions and danger of relegation, does the owner or CEO not feel it necessary to allay some of those fears or a least give us the indication, we are not a rudderless vessel.....through official channels.

Edited by TRO

Can someone point me to the pr that was put out like this during the Mcleish and houllier era's (or should that be errors?) just for comparison ?

Do a search for Krulak and Mysteryman.

krulak left around the time we appointed Mcleish and mystery man was just about transfers. So still waiting to be shown where similar pr was put out like this.
  • Like 1

Can someone point me to the pr that was put out like this during the Mcleish and houllier era's (or should that be errors?) just for comparison ?

The same Mysteryman who said there's no way we'd hire McLeish as manager, and then went and did it? Great PR that is! 

The haters are hilarious.

We don’t hear from Randy or the club.

We hear from the club, not good enough its just PR.

Which is it, you want to hear from the club but only in a certain way? Convenient that.

If they didn't give a shit why would the bother leaking news?

A million times this. Villa fans are literally impossible to please. I'm so glad I don't have to put up with us on any official basis.

(I do effectively include myself in that because I know how fickle I can be myself)

• Like 1

Imo i think lambert should get 2of these in on loan Fabio or raphael from manure. Lescott or rodwell from citeh. Stephen taylor newcadtle. I think lambert should bring hutton back for a try cant be worse than the other fullbacks. I also put abid in for dembele or sygarsen from spuds.

Can't tell if you're being serious.

You appear to have highlighted just the one player haha.

Lescott & Sigurdsson are the only realistic signings from those....both only on loan.

It would have been a no brainer to keep Collins an Bent and brough another experienced player in. Collins although not great could have motivated the kids well maybe even had the captains armband.

Don't really see why we should've kept Collins and Bent. Collins is shit (and still is), was on high wages and was apparently a bad influence. Bent was never going to be first choice with Benteke in the frame and it didn't make sense to have a benchwarmer on his kind of wages.

Mysteryman wasn't club PR like Krulak - he was just someone was a bit of inside info (and he was also wrong occasionally).

I think people are confusing people giving us an insight into what goes on behind the scenes with club PR. Krulak could probably be classed as PR yes but besides him I can't think of anyone who has come on here with inside information that would fit that description, certainly not HairyHands.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 3

It would have been a no brainer to keep Collins an Bent and brough another experienced player in. Collins although not great could have motivated the kids well maybe even had the captains armband.

Don't really see why we should've kept Collins and Bent. Collins is shit (and still is), was on high wages and was apparently a bad influence. Bent was never going to be first choice with Benteke in the frame and it didn't make sense to have a benchwarmer on his kind of wages.

Mysteryman wasn't club PR like Krulak - he was just someone was a bit of inside info (and he was also wrong occasionally).

I think people are confusing people giving us an insight into what goes on behind the scenes with club PR. Krulak was PR yes but besides him I can't think of anyone who has come on here with inside information that would fit that description, certainly not HairyHands.

I agree. I don't think HH is club PR. If he was he wouldn't be so critical toward certain aspects of the club. I don't doubt for a second that the club knows he is posting but at the same time I don't think he is just forwarding club-approved statements. It seems that, within reason, the opinions are his own and the facts are those which he has been authorised by the club to tell us.

We still need to get the high earners off the books next season who are not contributing so thats given,hutton,ireland,nzogbia,bent which wont be easy.

Also if the club want to go anywhere they need to get rid of all the players who clearly are not good enough for this league so you can throw in baker,clark,luna,bennett,kea,sylla,westwood,herd,allbrighton,kozak,bowery,wiemann,gardner and bacuna.

This 5 year project is dead in the water unless we miraculously replace 19 players which is never going to happen.

Lambert will take us nowhere but down, having a squad packed with cheap talentless players who's only attribute is to run around a lot aimlessly is a bloody awful plan. Its going to get much worse before it gets better.

Lambert is also a football dinosaur, tactically inept with a league 1 football philosophy. He is outdated and lacks any finesse. He is a total disaster and his villa team play the worst brand of football on a consistent basis I have seen at villa park in 25 years.

Edited by KHV

I haven't posted on this thread until now because I really wanted to work out how I felt.

Thanks for the info HH, much appreciated if mostly common knowledge to be honest. I have been one of the most critical (dumbfounded if I'm honest) with what has been happening on the pitch since the Man City luckfest. However, I've always maintained that PL should be given two and a half years minimum. This time next year should be the real assessment point (barring the real risk of relegation).

Going back over the financial restrictions imposed does give the situation a little more clarity...............BUT - my memory keeps dragging up the mind-blowingly awful football we are currently enduring. I have never seen anything this bad.

I want to believe it's an aberration on the way to better things, but It is so bad that have my doubts.

• Like 2

Thanks HH - this has alleviated my fears somewhat - at least the backroom staff acknowledge that we are not playing the kind of football we would expect from Villa (points are a separate issue but if we were getting more points then the former would be less of an issue... for now) - I know Lambert is only supporting the players by not criticising but with no comment on poor performances (tlaking about team as a whole not individuals) there is sometimes the belief that Lambert has not acknowledged the nature of our performances recently.

I doubt the signing would be from a team in the bottom half who will compete against us for relegation - chances are its a second string player from the top half - Rodwell/Gibson/Steve Davis/ Defoe?

could see de bruyne coming on loan, lescott seems the most likely and would be excellent

I think people are confusing people giving us an insight into what goes on behind the scenes with club PR. Krulak was PR yes but besides him I can't think of anyone who has come on here with inside information that would fit that description, certainly not HairyHands.

I agree. I don't think HH is club PR. If he was he wouldn't be so critical toward certain aspects of the club. I don't doubt for a second that the club knows he is posting but at the same time I don't think he is just forwarding club-approved statements. It seems that, within reason, the opinions are his own and the facts are those which he has been authorised by the club to tell us.
Actually rather than being "authorised by the club", I think it is more like his comments have been authorised by Lambert or that he trusts HH to open a channel to the fans. As we all know PL is publicly not that articulate and needs someone to communicate his situation and plans.

I doubt very much that PF would approve of the footballing side selectively leaking stuff to one fan forum and that it is more a reflection of the fact the Club Is NOT very good at PR.

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 2

I haven't posted on this thread until now because I really wanted to work out how I felt.

Thanks for the info HH, much appreciated if mostly common knowledge to be honest. I have been one of the most critical (dumbfounded if I'm honest) with what has been happening on the pitch since the Man City luckfest. However, I've always maintained that PL should be given two and a half years minimum. This time next year should be the real assessment point (barring the real risk of relegation).

Going back over the financial restrictions imposed does give the situation a little more clarity...............BUT - my memory keeps dragging up the mind-blowingly awful football we are currently enduring. I have never seen anything this bad.

I want to believe it's an aberration on the way to better things, but It is so bad that have my doubts.

It is dreadful, the alarming thing is how consistent it is. No matter what formation or what players it's just horrible. It appears to get worse week in week out. Aston Villa are basically out of ideas.

Which is it, you want to hear from the club but only in a certain way? Convenient that.

No idea what this post is about really. I think the poster may have massively, catastrophically misunderstood the nature of the discussion going on and the legitimate reasons for concern about the leaks/half truths we get by means of HairyHands. However, I do know that a post that begins with a stupid statement like "The haters are hilarious" isn't really worth bothering with.
  • Like 2

Having read HH's original post (and thanks to him for taking the bother by the way) i'm probably even more depressed now than I was before.

So, if i've got this right, the 5 year plan is as follows...

two years of buying bog average players, then only coaching them to play bog average football before dumping them for better ones (that doesn't sound like a long term plan to me) BUT only if the owner will stump up better wages in years 3-5 to achieve a hopeful mid table standing at the end of the 'project'.

This, all whilst we're apparently up for sale too.

Sounds a thrilling ride. I can barely wait to renew my season ticket in the summer.

• Like 2

No idea what this post is about really. I think the poster may have massively, catastrophically misunderstood the nature of the discussion going on and the legitimate reasons for concern about the leaks/half truths we get by means of HairyHands. However, I do know that a post that begins with a stupid statement like "The haters are hilarious" isn't really worth bothering with.

Some find that a genuine ITK may challenge their own status in that regard. Others can just be plain cynical-nothing wrong with that.

As far as I know HH could be the real deal, or could be some kid getting off on his/her school holidays.

But genuine or not, HH has started the most positive thread on VT for a while, and perhaps changed the mood a little bit in a more positive direction. For that I guess we can all be pleased.

• Like 1