Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

The players have proven there worth by beating Man City, Arsenal great game against Liverpool and destroying Sunderland last season for example. No one seems to be acknowledging this. So thats why I believe its a tactical issue at the moment. A new manager maybe able to bring life back into these players and start playing this possession football we have all seen before. Lambert has no confidence in the players at the moment thats why we are playing long ball and I dont believe the players enjoy playing this way. Benteke is looking shite due to the way Lambert is now setting up the team. A new manager, although not ideal would change all this and play the likes of Benteke to his strengths as lambert did when he first signed him.

I am back, I could not resist this thread. :) I have a question for everybody. If Lambert did leave, what do people make of the set up that would be inherited by a new manager? Surely this will give you an indication whether Paul Lambert has succeed in his job to date.

I think the new manager would have a lot of players that needed replacing.

• Like 1

I don't see any of the sack lambert brigade offering proper reasons for sacking him other than home form.  We are MIDTABLE were we will probably stay, its a STEADY IMPROVEMENT on the last two seasons. Lambert HAD to buy quantity, because we NEEDED players, and they HAD to be young because WE COULDN'T AFFORD the high wages and fees experienced players command! We are not VIlla challanging for Europe anymore, we are Villa trying to get ourselves out of the mire (This was the situation Lambert INHERITED), you need to get your brains around that! For all the dire football and home results to match he has forge a very hard working team capable of consolidating our position in the league and giving him a base on which to build for the LONG TERM! Lerner will not spend the money required to do things quickly, he tried that already and spunked a 100 million down the drain!

If you look through the threads posters have been able to quote more than home form to substantiate their debate.

I don't see any of the sack lambert brigade offering proper reasons for sacking him other than home form. We are MIDTABLE were we will probably stay, its a STEADY IMPROVEMENT on the last two seasons. Lambert HAD to buy quantity, because we NEEDED players, and they HAD to be young because WE COULDN'T AFFORD the high wages and fees experienced players command! We are not VIlla challanging for Europe anymore, we are Villa trying to get ourselves out of the mire (This was the situation Lambert INHERITED), you need to get your brains around that! For all the dire football and home results to match he has forge a very hard working team capable of consolidating our position in the league and giving him a base on which to build for the LONG TERM! Lerner will not spend the money required to do things quickly, he tried that already and spunked a 100 million down the drain!

If you look through the threads posters have been able to quote more than home form to substantiate their debate.

Yet no one seems to be able to name a suitable replacement manager.

I don't see any of the sack lambert brigade offering proper reasons for sacking him other than home form.  We are MIDTABLE were we will probably stay, its a STEADY IMPROVEMENT on the last two seasons. Lambert HAD to buy quantity, because we NEEDED players, and they HAD to be young because WE COULDN'T AFFORD the high wages and fees experienced players command! We are not VIlla challanging for Europe anymore, we are Villa trying to get ourselves out of the mire (This was the situation Lambert INHERITED), you need to get your brains around that! For all the dire football and home results to match he has forge a very hard working team capable of consolidating our position in the league and giving him a base on which to build for the LONG TERM! Lerner will not spend the money required to do things quickly, he tried that already and spunked a 100 million down the drain!

as much as I'm pissed off with it all, I do accept that....He must address this home form like he did the conceding goals.

only 1 team in the last 7 seasons have been relegated with more points than Villa do now after 20 games, Blackpool (28) in 2011. Also we only won 2 of the last 18 games in 2010/2011 but stayed up by 2 points, we was 7 points above the drop zone after 20 games that year

Edited by lmarsha_926

Im fed up of hearing "no one can come up with a suitable replacement". Give me 4 weeks scouting managers from here and Europe which someone at Villa should be paid to do and im sure they could come up with someone. Its not our job to find or think of a replacement. When the time comes it will be up to the board. So im sorry to break it to you, but there will be someone out there to take his place.

If we are stuck in a relegation battle again this season after bringing in experience, he will not be indespensible, I can see Lerner letting him go, the compensation will not matter in the slightest.

• Like 2

as much as I'm pissed off with it all, I do accept that....He must address this home form like he did the conceding goals.

I believe the style, and some of the players, are a means to an end in the short-term.

As I said on the previous page, I fully expect after a couple more windows that players like Tonev, Sylla and Bowery will be gone - nominal fee paid for players to hold the fort, then sold for a nominal fee with small wages paid in between.

Now that squad numbers are decent, once the remaining bomb squad have departed, we should be looking to add fewer players of higher quality to replace in the starting XI, leaving players like Luna, Westwood, KEA, Weimann as back-up.

It's like driving a new car midway through development, saying it's crap and the chief engineer should be fired.  If this is Lambert's endgame then fair enough, but I'm sure we're a long way away from that. He's not been perfect, but has had a mammoth task in treading water whilst the finances are sorted.

• Like 1

Im fed up of hearing "no one can come up with a suitable replacement". Give me 4 weeks scouting managers from here and Europe which someone at Villa should be paid to do and im sure they could come up with someone. Its not our job to find or think of a replacement. When the time comes it will be up to the board. So im sorry to break it to you, but there will be someone out there to take his place.

If we are stuck in a relegation battle again this season after bringing in experience, he will not be indespensible, I can see Lerner letting him go, the compensation will not matter in the slightest.

Finding decent managers isn't exactly the club's strong suit is it?

Reckon Lerner and Lambert have some sort of gentleman's agreement that will spare him the sack. There must be some reason he left Norwich to come here.

• Like 1

Finding decent managers isn't exactly the club's strong suit is it?

Reckon Lerner and Lambert have some sort of gentleman's agreement that will spare him the sack. There must be some reason he left Norwich to come here.

I can't believe he'd leave Norwich with his stock flying high, just to be shopping in the bargain basement for the remainder of his tenure.

I think he must have the carrot of being able to spend a bit more if he can keep the team in the league whilst getting the high earners off the books.  Otherwise, why take the job at all when I'm sure another vacancy would've come calling if he'd bided his time.

• Like 1

Isa

@issassin: Villa Talk is full of morons who know nothing about football and will never admit when they are wrong! Think I'll avoid it henceforth!

#AVFC

Really, is that you leaving VT? Doubt it very much

Rumbled.

Really? So there's a loads of quality managers available willing to work on villas current reatictions that think they can improve us?

We better sack him quick and snap them up before the other clubs below us do. Don't tell Albion though as they are obviously looking in the wrong place.

• Like 3

I'd take Steve Clarke over McClaren any day but I think if we did sack Lambert (which I don't think we will) we should go in the opposite direction and go for a foreign manager who has a bit of flair. My knowledge of foreign football managers isn't all that great though so I can't really suggest any ideal candidates.

All academic though, Lambert isn't going anywhere.

I don't see any of the sack lambert brigade offering proper reasons for sacking him other than home form. We are MIDTABLE were we will probably stay, its a STEADY IMPROVEMENT on the last two seasons. Lambert HAD to buy quantity, because we NEEDED players, and they HAD to be young because WE COULDN'T AFFORD the high wages and fees experienced players command! We are not VIlla challanging for Europe anymore, we are Villa trying to get ourselves out of the mire (This was the situation Lambert INHERITED), you need to get your brains around that! For all the dire football and home results to match he has forge a very hard working team capable of consolidating our position in the league and giving him a base on which to build for the LONG TERM! Lerner will not spend the money required to do things quickly, he tried that already and spunked a 100 million down the drain!

Yet no one seems to be able to name a suitable replacement manager.

Suitable to whom though? To you?

Posters have put several names forward but none seemingly were acceptable to the fraternity although that wasn't surprising since it was mainly those who support Lambert who didn't like the suggestions.