Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

I never thought i would say this but iam starting to lose intreast..i will always support Aston Villa but i dont care as much as i used to do anymore..

I've felt like this for several years now...I live outside of England and visit home at least twice a year and usually try to catch a couple of games but on my last visit I just didn't want to waste my time.

Yesterday I heard we were one down at halftime and thought to myself that would be that and never bothered to check the result until much later in the evening, I'm glad in retrospect I never wasted my time finding a stream or tuning into live commentary!

Believe we were 12th after playing 17 games and got 4 points from the following 3 games so I would imagine it was round there.

We were 14th after 17 games (18 points), 16th after 21 games (19 points (that would be 1 point from 4 games, not 4 points)), and by the 12th January (next weekend) we would be in the relegation zone still with 19 points.

I'm getting confused. These positions don't seem to relate to McLeish's season, which I think we were talking about?

I think he thought we were talking about last season rather than the McLeish season.

Edited by Isa

Believe we were 12th after playing 17 games and got 4 points from the following 3 games so I would imagine it was round there.

We were 14th after 17 games (18 points), 16th after 21 games (19 points (that would be 1 point from 4 games, not 4 points)), and by the 12th January (next weekend) we would be in the relegation zone still with 19 points.

I'm getting confused. These positions don't seem to relate to McLeish's season, which I think we were talking about?

Sorry, was quoting last season not McLeish's.

What would happen if we fluked victories over Arsenal and Liverpool? But then lose to WBA. :ph34r:

Charlie Nicholas and Phil Thompson would kill themselves live on Soccer Saturday and some inbreds would have a w*nk!

• Like 1

Lets face it if he were at any other club than Villa he would have been sacked by now

Its almost as if were forced to accept that he's the best out there and nobody can do a better job because the board have zero ambition it is quite embarrassing

That's absolutely not true is it. For example West ham spent more on one player than we did on half our squad yet San still has a job.

4 of the 9 teams below is would all be looking for new managers based on your logic.

I think Big Sam may be gone very soon he is the bookies favourite to get the bullet with Lambert in second place Big Sam even said himself after today's game that the 5 - 0 drubbing they got today may have "Repercussions" for him

As for other clubs below us looking for new managers i wouldn't be too sure they are not 90% of Norwich fans do not want Hughton as manager just look at their messageboards i can see him going very soon

We are in a false position at the minute and i predict Lambert and his dire tactics will become far more exposed after our next 5 fixtures

You said sacked by now, not in the near future.

Both those clubs spent £25 million in the summer so you'd argue should not be below us. Whether we're in a false position or not, its where we are, and most say the league table doesn't lie.

The saving grace Sam has is West hams most important signing of the summer has been injured, much like ours.

What supporters want and what the boards decides don't always go hand in hand. We should know that from when we appointed mcliesh.

The difference is that Big Sam had a pretty successful season last year which has bought him time this season. Any other manager who followed a season like our last with one like this would almost certainly have been shown the door by now.

The difference is that Big Sam had a pretty successful season last year which has bought him time this season. Any other manager who followed a season like our last with one like this would almost certainly have been shown the door by now.

But he's spent £25 mil and gone backwards?

I don't like to style we are playing (I'm guessing Lambert doesn't either) but maybe, just maybe it is a style that is required at the moment

I'd love to have an explanation of how a style that has got us 2 wins, 8 points and 7 goals  all season at home, is "required".

Required in the sense that we don't currently have the sort of players to play a possession-style and so we are playing to the strengths that we do have

TBH if we were capable of  playing a better style of football you would expect us to be taking a few more points also - in my opinion to expect anything much better than 10th is unrealistic at our current stage of development

I know you will disagree with this whatever and so I won't respond further.....it's my opinion

Yes and he will most likely get the sack anytime soon due to that but you can't take the current season in complete isolation.

I don't like to style we are playing (I'm guessing Lambert doesn't either) but maybe, just maybe it is a style that is required at the moment

I'd love to have an explanation of how a style that has got us 2 wins, 8 points and 7 goals  all season at home, is "required".

Required in the sense that we don't currently have the sort of players to play a possession-style and so we are playing to the strengths that we do have

TBH if we were capable of  playing a better style of football you would expect us to be taking a few more points also - in my opinion to expect anything much better than 10th is unrealistic at our current stage of development

I know you will disagree with this whatever and so I won't respond further.....it's my opinion

Players like KEA and Westwood who Lambert claimed were signed precisely to facilitate a possession-based game you mean?

We were playing possession type football towards the end of last season  and the begining of this season. so they are capable. Ok may not be world class but I dont think their is any excuse to play the dross we are playing at the moment. We are half way into the second season with most of this team, if they cant play possession football now we never will.

Lets face it if he were at any other club than Villa he would have been sacked by now

Its almost as if were forced to accept that he's the best out there and nobody can do a better job because the board have zero ambition it is quite embarrassing

That's absolutely not true is it. For example West ham spent more on one player than we did on half our squad yet San still has a job.

4 of the 9 teams below is would all be looking for new managers based on your logic.

I think Big Sam may be gone very soon he is the bookies favourite to get the bullet with Lambert in second place Big Sam even said himself after today's game that the 5 - 0 drubbing they got today may have "Repercussions" for him

As for other clubs below us looking for new managers i wouldn't be too sure they are not 90% of Norwich fans do not want Hughton as manager just look at their messageboards i can see him going very soon

We are in a false position at the minute and i predict Lambert and his dire tactics will become far more exposed after our next 5 fixtures 

Conversely, if we were 20th and claiming bad luck I'm sure you'd be trotting out the league table doesn't lie line

• Like 1

I never thought i would say this but iam starting to lose intreast..i will always support Aston Villa but i dont care as much as i used to do anymore..

I've felt like this for several years now...I live outside of England and visit home at least twice a year and usually try to catch a couple of games but on my last visit I just didn't want to waste my time.

Yesterday I heard we were one down at halftime and thought to myself that would be that and never bothered to check the result until much later in the evening, I'm glad in retrospect I never wasted my time finding a stream or tuning into live commentary!

Just because I'm curious, if you've somewhat fallen out of love with the club then why do you continue to go on VT? Just for the social?

I don't see any of the sack lambert brigade offering proper reasons for sacking him other than home form.  We are MIDTABLE were we will probably stay, its a STEADY IMPROVEMENT on the last two seasons. Lambert HAD to buy quantity, because we NEEDED players, and they HAD to be young because WE COULDN'T AFFORD the high wages and fees experienced players command! We are not VIlla challanging for Europe anymore, we are Villa trying to get ourselves out of the mire (This was the situation Lambert INHERITED), you need to get your brains around that! For all the dire football and home results to match he has forge a very hard working team capable of consolidating our position in the league and giving him a base on which to build for the LONG TERM! Lerner will not spend the money required to do things quickly, he tried that already and spunked a 100 million down the drain!

You obviously have'nt read through half of this topic? Its not as though we are playing like Barcelona away either??

The time to call for the managers head is not now, try see the bigger picture.  Wait til he is properly backed and allowed to bring in proven quality.  If we then still find ourselves in a relegation battle and are playing shite at home then I'd also be calling for a new manager.   If he never gets the chance to sign quality experienced players then things aren't gonna improve for quite a while yet as we have too many kids.  People don't seem to understand the size of the job he is doing and are to quick to get the knives out.  

This will be my last post in this thread as its just pathetic at this stage, certain people seem to spend all day,everyday in here spouting the same shite over and over.....

I am back, I could not resist this thread.  :)  I have a question for everybody. If Lambert did leave, what do people make of the set up that would be inherited by a new manager? Surely this will give you an indication whether Paul Lambert has succeed in his job to date. 

Yes and he will most likely get the sack anytime soon due to that but you can't take the current season in complete isolation.

Like it or not last was probably a successful season for us plus we're actually ahead of where we we're last season.

Conversely, if we were 20th and claiming bad luck I'm sure you'd be trotting out the league table doesn't lie line

From a poster who constantly changes his point of debate that is a pretty hypocritical statement to make.