Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Lets face it if he were at any other club than Villa he would have been sacked by now

Its almost as if were forced to accept that he's the best out there and nobody can do a better job because the board have zero ambition it is quite embarrassing

That's absolutely not true is it. For example West ham spent more on one player than we did on half our squad yet San still has a job.

4 of the 9 teams below is would all be looking for new managers based on your logic.

• Like 1

So were hoping 2 or 3 players in the window will turn our fortunes. what about the players were depending on, Benteke, Westwood, Lowton, Wiemann. We need these players starting to perform or else the experience we may bring in will be nulified. 

I'd suggest that signing a creative midfielder will help Benteke by giving him more ammunition. One signing can help more than one position.

• Like 3

Lets face it if he were at any other club than Villa he would have been sacked by now

Its almost as if were forced to accept that he's the best out there and nobody can do a better job because the board have zero ambition it is quite embarrassing

That's absolutely not true is it. For example West ham spent more on one player than we did on half our squad yet San still has a job.

4 of the 9 teams below is would all be looking for new managers based on your logic.

completely agree

Believe we were 12th after playing 17 games and got 4 points from the following 3 games so I would imagine it was round there.

We were 14th after 17 games (18 points), 16th after 21 games (19 points (that would be 1 point from 4 games, not 4 points)), and by the 12th January (next weekend) we would be in the relegation zone still with 19 points.

I don't like to style we are playing (I'm guessing Lambert doesn't either) but maybe, just maybe it is a style that is required at the moment

I'd love to have an explanation of how a style that has got us 2 wins, 8 points and 7 goals  all season at home, is "required".

• Like 1

I think the worry; and I sympathise with it; is that our performances are so bad that our league position could tumble and we'd have a hard job correcting it.

Yeah I'd agree. At the end of the day results are what counts and if we're sitting in 11th after the final game then you'd have to say that's a decent final result. But its not an overreaction to say we've been playing some of the worst football in the league for the last few months and its a worry where that could see us sliding to.

I see both of these points I really do.....if we do slide into the relegation spots playing badly then that is unacceptable but to see people saying "90% want him sacked" or "Action needs to be taken" before this happens is wrong

Everybody gets an equal voice on here which is correct, I guess, but in my opinion people who are asking for his head now have no experience of running or of managing anything, they are just impatient.....we averaged a position of 16.5 last season and this season we are averaging 11.8 - to me that seems like small progress and I do think that with better luck with injuries we could be doing slightly better than that

I don't like to style we are playing (I'm guessing Lambert doesn't either) but maybe, just maybe it is a style that is required at the moment

I don't expect much in January and will be surprised if we get anything from Arse and Plop but then, especially with two or three coming in I would hope for a consolidation and a 10th-12th place finish.........where we go from there is up to Lerner

agree with you! At the start of the season people were saying they'd be happy with 10th. Mid table and downwards is full of mediocre teams who are all in the same boat as us. It's going to be tight and I doubt there will be much more than 6 points (2 wins just to emphasise my point) between tenth and 17th at the end of the season. Shows you just how competitive this season is. .

The difference Isa is that we are actually currently 11th so it's a concern rather than a reality. That's the difference between now and then under McLeish.

What position were we in at this stage of the season under McLeish? Pretty sure it was similar.
Under McL We were 12th with 23 points from 20 games, scored 22 conceded 26. Now we are 11th with 23 points from 20 games.Scored 19 conceded 25.

Hard to get a cigarette paper between those two.

And I don't think anyone could say the football is much different.

Mahooosive difference in teams though.

If we compare McLeish's team to Lambert's, McLeish's team was probably better on paper, yet both are having similar seasons so far.

The difference Isa is that we are actually currently 11th so it's a concern rather than a reality. That's the difference between now and then under McLeish.

What position were we in at this stage of the season under McLeish? Pretty sure it was similar.
Under McL We were 12th with 23 points from 20 games, scored 22 conceded 26. Now we are 11th with 23 points from 20 games.Scored 19 conceded 25.

Hard to get a cigarette paper between those two.

And I don't think anyone could say the football is much different.

Mahooosive difference in teams though.

If we compare McLeish's team to Lambert's, McLeish's team was probably better on paper, yet both are having similar seasons so far.

This is what scares me the most. If you don't improve in this league you will struggle. If you get worse you're in big trouble.

Believe we were 12th after playing 17 games and got 4 points from the following 3 games so I would imagine it was round there.

We were 14th after 17 games (18 points), 16th after 21 games (19 points (that would be 1 point from 4 games, not 4 points)), and by the 12th January (next weekend) we would be in the relegation zone still with 19 points.

I'm getting confused. These positions don't seem to relate to McLeish's season, which I think we were talking about?

The issue i have at the moment stepping back and reflecting is that there is no ray of light, no glimmer anymore.

Players are back and we’re still shit, Benteke is meant to be ‘fit’ yet still not doing it.

Vlaar at Sunderland is probably the only tiny thing, that he gave that little bit of experience we don’t have. Thats all he offers really experience, and its vital for us at the moment.

I don’t think he should get the sack for lots of reasons, just give him the season and just hope for a glimmer of improvement.

My main concern really is he has that nasty stubborn streak that O’Neill had, to be fair we all know very little about football. Whilst he is just waiting for the team to click and us fans are shouting do this do that 9 times out of 10 he shouldn’t. But every now and again why not just play Gardner or Helanius it can really do no worse currently.

I think Big Sam may be gone very soon he is the bookies favourite to get the bullet with Lambert in second place Big Sam even said himself after today's game that the 5 - 0 drubbing they got today may have "Repercussions" for him

As for other clubs below us looking for new managers i wouldn't be too sure they are not 90% of Norwich fans do not want Hughton as manager just look at their messageboards i can see him going very soon

We are in a false position at the minute and i predict Lambert and his dire tactics will become far more exposed after our next 5 fixtures 

Edited by AshVilla

I never thought i would say this but iam starting to lose intreast..i will always support Aston Villa but i dont care as much as i used to do anymore..

I know what you mean but you have to keep the faith and keep believing that one day our saviour will come forth to return us to our former glory.

Yes I'm talking about some oil rich Arabs.

• Like 2

We were 12th after 17 games. We then drew with stoke, beat Chelsea and lost to Swansea giving us 4 points from the next 3 and 23 points after 20. We then drew with Everton and beat wolves in the following two games.