Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

It's all well and good talking about budget, but Roberto Martinez spent less money with Wigan and they didn't play the shite brand of football we do.  And they won the FA Cup.

Yes they ultimately got relegated, but it certainly wasn't down to the quality of the manager.

Actually wigan did play a lot of rubbish - they just had end of season surges - if we went on a run now - despite all the dross we have seen, that would be typical wigan esque season

I've held it in long enough.

I've been real patient up until now.

I've backed lambert through the embarrassing cup games and christmas thrashings.

But after today and his pre match comments I just think he is a massive c u n t .

Lerner. Lambert. Faulkner. A rancid shower of sh1t if there ever was one.

Please god, bring back Deadly and Atkinson / Gregory / Little / MON

Anyone who thinks that PL should get fired is an idiot and deluded.

Brilliant! :D

Haha - yes I did think I might get collared for that, however like i said - for me - today is the final straw. I just can't do it anymore. It's so draining at the moment.

Surely the players are as much to blame today?

They had their chances and didn't put them away....

I still don't think we should sack Lambert - we'd be back to square one again and another low-cost rebuild with the next manager.

Hopefully he'll be backed this window and we can add a little more quality than we've already got to see us through to the end of the season and then assess where we stand

But aren't we almost at square one now ? 

No not really (IMO) the remains of the 'bomb squad' are disappearing fast. Lambert is assembling his squad and although people are sore after this afternoon, if they took a step back they'd notice he's not the worst in the transfer market.

He's signed a couple of duff players, Bennett, Tonev, Bowery and Sylla (IMO) but by in large the others are good enough for the Prem. Hopefully with a little more experience and quality added to the team, certain players will not be relied upon week after week.

If we sacked him now it would a) cost a lot of money B) cost a lot of money to find a suitable replacement (I don't count MacKay as viable IMO) and c) no doubt take a loss trying to shift players in order to get new ones in for the new boss.

It's all well and good talking about budget, but Roberto Martinez spent less money with Wigan and they didn't play the shite brand of football we do.  And they won the FA Cup.

Yes they ultimately got relegated, but it certainly wasn't down to the quality of the manager.

Actually wigan did play a lot of rubbish - they just had end of season surges - if we went on a run now - despite all the dross we have seen, that would be typical wigan esque season

Their style of football was a lot better than ours.  LUMP - straight up the front.  Even against lower league teams who are used to dealing with it, hence three embarrassments out of three.

I really don't know where I stand with Lambert. I think he's doing a piss poor job, but he's also not had a lot of support from Lerner. I don't think anyone can really defend Lambert now, he's doing his job badly. But if we sack him, I really don't trust Lerner to bring in anyone better who will work under the same financial restrictions that Lambert has accepted. 

I feel like we're kinda stuck, we (us fans) are completely relying on hope, hope that things improve, but Lambert has shown me nothing to suggest he can turn it around. In fact, we seem to be getting worse. 

We need quality, we need to pay Premier League wages on a few quality players, we need to panic buy pretty much.... because the Lerner/Lambert project is failing. 

Lambert needs to tell Lerner to back him or sack him, because the current team will bore everyone to the Championship.

• Like 1

Has anyone felt as low as this as a Villa fan?

Was the football as depressing and all round experience not even remotely fun when we went down in the 80s?

The current situation is nowhere near as awful as the year we were relegated. It was very poor today.

It appears that Lambert has asked for some experience so if Lerner doesn't back him this month then it speaks volumes for me that Lambert is vulnerable.

I've been pro Lambert but I'm wavering now. Bar Vlaar and Gabby we fielded what was arguably our strongest outfield players and that is the most worrying aspect of today.

Paul Lambert spoke of the sore feeling at going out of the FA Cup at the third round stage to Sheff Utd.

Lambert was gutted to see his side defeated 2-1 by Utd in B6.

Despite the press coverage on the eve of the game, boss Lambert said his team selection demonstrated his determination to get through the round.

But he accepted that the players didn't show the necessary creativity to blunt the Blades.

He said: "It was bitterly disappointing after a really good win on Wednesday.

"To get knocked out was really frustrating. It hurts. Anyone who knows me will tell you I'm not the happiest person when we lose.

"We picked a really strong side to try and get through.

"I never demeaned the competition one bit. I respect the history of the competition and what the competition is about.

"If you look at my own careerarrow-10x10.png, I have won some nice things through cup competitions.

"The journalist himself says he regrets asking the question because of what has happened with people's reactions. I think the whole context of the interview, there was never any way I was decrying the competition at all.

"You want to try and do a good run. If you look at the League Cup last time, we picked strong teams throughout the competition. I never take them lightly.

"I said in the same interview that if you're in something, you try to win it.

"It's the same with every game you play. Every match you try to be as competitive as you can.

"The lads will be hurting. They have gone from the good feeling of Wednesday to the disappointment of being knocked out.

"It's the same with the fans. They had the good journey back from Sunderland and now it's back down again.

"In terms of the game itself, we had a lot of the ball and that seems to be a problem here, for some strange reason.

"On Wednesday it was totally different. We looked a threat every time.

"Maybe at home teams are sitting in against us and making it hard.

"We need that creativity. It's just not there at the moment. But away from home, it seems to be different.

"You couldn't fault the lads effort and endeavour. What you do fault is that we made the wrong decisions at the wrong times.

"We lost a poor goal, the first with a deflection, and with the second the lad has hit a good strike.

"You give Sheff Utd credit for going through. But that team I picked was, in my view, strong enough to win."

Lambert revealed that Nathan Baker felt his hamstring and was withdrawn from the team in the warm-up pre-match while Gabby Agbonlahor also missed out on the eve of the match with the same issue.

Off OS.

• Like 1

I really don't know where I stand with Lambert. I think he's doing a piss poor job, but he's also not had a lot of support from Lerner. I don't think anyone can really defend Lambert now, he's doing his job badly. But if we sack him, I really don't trust Lerner to bring in anyone better who will work under the same financial restrictions that Lambert has accepted. 

I feel like we're kinda stuck, we (us fans) are completely relying on hope, hope that things improve, but Lambert has shown me nothing to suggest he can turn it around. In fact, we seem to be getting worse. 

We need quality, we need to pay Premier League wages on a few quality players, we need to panic buy pretty much.... because the Lerner/Lambert project is failing. 

Lambert needs to tell Lerner to back him or sack him, because the current team will bore everyone to the Championship.

and be there for a long long time

Surely the players are as much to blame today?

They had their chances and didn't put them away....

I still don't think we should sack Lambert - we'd be back to square one again and another low-cost rebuild with the next manager.

Hopefully he'll be backed this window and we can add a little more quality than we've already got to see us through to the end of the season and then assess where we stand

But aren't we almost at square one now ? 

No not really (IMO) the remains of the 'bomb squad' are disappearing fast. Lambert is assembling his squad and although people are sore after this afternoon, if they took a step back they'd notice he's not the worst in the transfer market.

He's signed a couple of duff players, Bennett, Tonev, Bowery and Sylla (IMO) but by in large the others are good enough for the Prem. Hopefully with a little more experience and quality added to the team, certain players will not be relied upon week after week.

If we sacked him now it would a) cost a lot of money B) cost a lot of money to find a suitable replacement (I don't count MacKay as viable IMO) and c) no doubt take a loss trying to shift players in order to get new ones in for the new boss.

Fair points.

I do think a lot of this is self inflicted. Leaving the chance of Baker\Clarke holding the defence should have been covered by signing another experienced CB last summer. To go 2 seasons on the trot with only 1 experienced CB was always risky - some of the funds from Kozak\Tonev\Helenuis should have covered CB. Lambert took the risk and its bitten his arse off....

I think it is pretty clear from Lambert (who usually is so anodyne in press conferences) has been making pointed comments about signings and wanting experience. He clearly needs more help.

I know it has all been said before, but the club is really lacking someone with football nous above Lambert. 

Paul Faulkner may be a jolly nice chap but from all the people I've spoken to who've met him, no one has been impressed - in fact, they've been shocked by how little he knows and what little 'gravitas' a man in day to day charge of a Premier League football club has.

Then who else has Lambert got? Lerner - he seemingly checks in to phone once in a while, but how on earth would he have any idea what is going on?

The reason I'm not as angry; rightly or wrongly; is because it was the cup.

Agree with this but today has made me really worried. Those four victories and some draws we need might be hard to find.

We are **** 1000000000%

Fact is

1. Nobody on the team can pass more than 20 yards

2. Nobody wants the ball

3. Nobody is on the same page

4. Seems like nobody gives a shat

5. Luna runs around like Rocky chasing the chicken in Rocky 2 ( where he couldn't catch the chicken )

6. Hoofball doesn't work especially when you can't pass the ball ( see 1. )

Which leads to a whole heap of shit

1. We sack Lambert but who in the right mind would take us on and move us forward?

2. Randy wants to pay peanuts ( in the footballing world )

3. What play of any quality in the right mind would want to join us? He would be on a low footballing wage playing with a bunch of players that can't beat a poor league 1 team.

The reason I'm not as angry; rightly or wrongly; is because it was the cup.

Agree with this but today has made me really worried. Those four victories and some draws we need might be hard to find.
Hopefully a busy January will help too.