Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Can we stop talking about our difficult start now?

Another Yuletide embarrassment, the bloke has had enough chances and needs to go immediately.  Utterly bereft of ideas and ability, he's much worse than even McLeish, which is about the only thing of note that he's achieved.

Anybody who makes claims that any manager is worse than McLeish is grossly exaggerating, is clearly far too emotional to think clearly and losses any argument immediately.

Do you think the football we are playing is better than anything we played under McLeish?

We can't afford to sack another manager and then pay compo to him and another club. Stuck with PL for now.

We can when that might secure our Premier League status. Drop in the ocean compared to the money we'd miss out on by going down in-fact.

Do we really believe lerner will sack him? In lerners eyes lambert kept us up while cutting the wage bill. In lerners eyes I imagine he thinks lambert is doing a great job.

This.

Lambert is perfect for Lerner at the moment. Keeping the wages down and deflecting (largely) a lot of anger from the fans.

Another Yuletide embarrassment, the bloke has had enough chances and needs to go immediately.  Utterly bereft of ideas and ability, he's much worse than even McLeish, which is about the only thing of note that he's achieved.

Anybody who makes claims that any manager is worse than McLeish is grossly exaggerating, is clearly far too emotional to think clearly and losses any argument immediately.

Do you think the football we are playing is better than anything we played under McLeish?

Are you talking about over the last 5 games, or the last 50 games?

McLeish had done nothing to prove he could put together a decent side whereas Lambert guided us to safety last season in what was always going to be an incredibly difficult season. The football for the last few months has not been of a good standard but it was similar last season when we were losing 8-0, 4-0 and then turned it around in the new year.

People are over-reacting to the latest blip. I'm not surprised, it's the nature of most football fans but changing the manager won't change the fortunes for us... only changing the owner will do that.

This is wholely Lerners fault, not Lamberts.

Another Yuletide embarrassment, the bloke has had enough chances and needs to go immediately. Utterly bereft of ideas and ability, he's much worse than even McLeish, which is about the only thing of note that he's achieved.

Are you talking about over the last 5 games, or the last 50 games?

McLeish had done nothing to prove he could put together a decent side whereas Lambert guided us to safety last season in what was always going to be an incredibly difficult season. The football for the last few months has not been of a good standard but it was similar last season when we were losing 8-0, 4-0 and then turned it around in the new year.

People are over-reacting to the latest blip. I'm not surprised, it's the nature of most football fans but changing the manager won't change the fortunes for us... only changing the owner will do that.

This is wholely Lerners fault, not Lamberts.

This is not at all an overreaction. We can't beat the leagues worst teams

Ronald Koeman would do me. Has done very well and has taken Feyenoord as far as he can I believe. Would relish managing in England.

He's not going to drop Feyenoord mid season is he. 

He'd be much smarter to finish the season there and then look at moving clubs in the summer when he can have a preseason and a summer window. 

Andre Villa Boas

Steve Clarke

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

I'd be happy with one of the above three.

All three of those are garbage. 

AVB has failed twice in a row with squads costing hundreds of millions of pounds, his stupid tactics were not scoring goals and his high line lets in bucket fulls of goals. 

Clarke had a worse record than Lambert, we are still above his West Brom side.

OGS has a mixed record despite managing the Norwegian Man City and has no experience of managing in a top league. 

On top of that, they won't come to Villa with the transfer budget and squad we are offering.

OGS is not a luxury we can afford. He will need at least two years uninterrupted time without pressure and a new Villa manager will not be able to get that.

If going for a Norwegian manager, Staale Solbakken is a much better manager, though I don't think he is good enough either.

3.5 years. 3 different managers. Loads of different players. All utterly pathetic. The common denominator? The men at the top. I would take dropping out of the division this season if it meant a change of ownership and a fresh start for the club.

• Like 1

Andre Villa Boas

Steve Clarke

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

I'd be happy with one of the above three.

Avb? Why? He's succeeded at one job where he inherited an insanely good squad, and failed at his next two jobs.

So judging by what you are saying Brendan Rodgers failed at Reading & Watford which he did, but then went on to be better at Swansea and Liverpool after Reading & Watford he probably had no right to get Swansea job but did somehow and gained reputation since then after failing twice before... AVB had too many people controlling him at Chelsea (Abramovich) and Spurs (Levy & Baldini) he needs to be his own man like when he won quadruple at Porto... He is a very talented young manager and far better than Lambert

Edited by Villan4Life